Chapter 11

Christie Montiero's POV

"...and my boyfriend." with those sudden words, everyone's faces fell. To be honest I didn't even know what we were, but it  was the only excuse I could come up with. The moment was heated, Dad and Peter looked ready to shoot Alex. Derek looked hurt, but there was nothing I could possibly do. Alice had an evil smirk on her face. A look saying 'I knew it'. And my mother, she looked... relieved? I looked back at Alex and he was wearing a huge smile to his face. Not what I expected. It was their queue to speak but nothing. Not a word. They held their expressions for what seemed like years until thankfully, my mother lightened the atmosphere. 

"Oh Mr. Paddington, thank you so much for saving our daughter. You have no idea how grateful we are." She walked towards us and shook Alex's hand. 

"Please, call me Alex. And you don't need to thank me. I care for your daughter and I would do it again." he said politley, drawing a smile on my own face. I hope he means that. 

"Then even more reason to say thank you. Please, you must come to dinner tonight Alex." mother asked. The thought seemed almost normal in our world. A normal family having dinner with their daughter's boyfriend. But it was way more complicated. A hunter family having dinner with their daughter's warewolf mate. Maybe boyfriend. If they found out the truth about him, there was a very good chance Alex would be leaving in a body bag as a corpse from my house. And was I going to let that happen? NOP. I looked back at Alex, warning radiating from my eyes. But did he listen? NOP. Of course not. Why? Because nobody bosses Alex Paddington around. He is a fucking famous billionaire and a freaking Alpha. Great. Bloody stuck up Alpha's. 

"I would love to." my mother's eyes lit up but she was interrupted before she could continue her pleasant conversation with Stuck up. Dylan was right, he is a Mr. Stuck up. 

"Why are you even shirtless? Couldn't afford a shirt?" Derek's voice echoed through the air. I looked back, glaring at him. Looking back at Alex, I panicked. Think of an excuse Christie, think.

"Can't run with a t-shirt. It gets soaked up with sweat." Good thinking Alex. I mean out of everythin in this world the only thing you could come up was my t-shirt gets soaked up with sweat? Seriousley? A couple more minutes passed in dreadful silence before I watched my father and brother realx. 

"I suggest you wear a shirt to dinner Mr. Paddington. Won't be doing much running. Come on Christie." Peter said as he turned around, walking back into the woods. Everyone turned around and statered walking back. Weird thing? No one even hugged me. Not a 'thank god you're safe' or 'oh I was so worried.'. Nothing. It seems that all my family cared about right now was my new boyfriend. Great. I turned around to look at Alex, but he only had a worried expression on his face. 

"What's wrong?" I whispered, making sure no one heard that. My family were already heading towards the car, but Derek was still close by, eyeing us from the distance. 

"You're not going anywhere. I almost lost you, and I'm not letting you out of my sight. You are coming with me." He demanded. His wolf was on edge and I could feel the heat dripping off of him. 

"Alex, calm down. Besides, you're meeting me us tonight for dinner, that's only a couple of hours away." I said placing my hand on his arm. He immediatley cooled down and moved closer to me. Circling me in his arms, his hands tight around my waist. 

"NO! You're mine! Only mine! And who is that other guy? I don't like the way he looks at you. No one can look at you like that, only I can understand?" his voice was a mixture of anger and concern, and I appreciated the concern, but he couldn't just boss me around like that. Besides, he had nothing to worry about Derek. Sure he was cute and well-built, but he wasn't anything compared to Alex.