Chapter 12

Christie Montiero's POV

As i sat there, talking to Alice, the only thing that wandered through my mind was Alex. I would be seeing him shortly, and my heart was pounding with excitement. A rush of adrenaline fluttered through my body as I remembered the words her repeated earlier. 'Listen to me Christie. You are mine. Wether you like it or not. If Derek ever looks at you like that again, I will end him. I'm letting you go now, because I understand your parents want to spend time with you, but when I come to your house later, I am pinning you to that white wall of yours and kissing the crap out of you. You have no idea how much I want you.' I was like a crazy five year old who just recieved her first barbie doll and wanted to play with it all the time. And I wanted Alex so bad. I was suddenly dragged out of my deep thoughts as I felt a pair of fingers snap right infront of my startled face.

"Hello there sleeping beauty, you there?" Alice said as she looked at me confused. I nodded and my head and acted totally cool.

"What were you saying, sorry" I said refocusing my mind on her words - if that was even possible -

"I said are you going to tell that pretty boyfriend yours that I know his sister or what?" Shit. She had a good point. I guess there wouldn't be any harm in letting in somebody on our little secret. Besides, Alice could be a pretty useful getaway. Bonus points for me. 

"Sure, why not?" I said getting up and making my to the stairs. Alex was going to be here in the next hour, and even though he liked me the way I am - or so I think - I wanted to look perfect. 

I picked out a knee-length beige lace dress with 3/4 sleeves and a small, cute, black belt to go with it. I wore my lipstick nude wedges to make it pop out. I apllied some mascara and some lipgloss, but didn't overdo my makeup. I want it to look mostly natural. I let my brown locks fall to my side and analysed myself one last time in the mirror. After I was satisfied, I headed downstairs to find everything arranged for the dinner. My parents and brother were wearing a casual set of jeans and t-shirts,. My sister wore a cute, but casual pink jumsuit. Clearly Ben was coming over. I just hoped Derek wouldn't show up with his brother. I didn't want things to get awkward or any murders to happen in my house. As we set the grand variety of food on the table I heard the dorbell ring. I immediatley ran up, dreadfully excited to meet my mate. To my surprise, and utter dissapointment, I stood there, facing the two very happy looking Ben and Derek Black. My face immediatley turned upside down on the violent thoughts of tonight. Well this is going to be a bad night. 

"Hey guys, come in." I said opening the door with a fake smile plastered to my face. 

"Sup sis? Not happy to see my face?" Ben asked pushing his way past me. Yes, he called me sis. My sister and him were so in love, they acted married so yes, he calls me sis. And he is like my older brother. Only a fun version of one. Sorry Peter. 

"No! Absolutley not, just momentary bad thought, that's all." I said as Derek walked in after his brother. He had a wide smile on his face as he stared into my eyes. I looked away in a matter of seconds, I couldn't let him get the wrong idea. He needed to understand that I was not into him, that I had already fallen for someone else. 

"Ahh yes, I heard. Alex Paddington, CEO of Paddington Corp. Big game sis. However did you affor it, I'm proud of you." he said making his way to my sister, kissing her on the cheek in the process. 

"Thanks?" I replied, making it sound more like a question. Truth be told I didn't really have to do much. I was his mate, the attraction was natural. Derek reamained silent as he watched his brother talk about Alex and me. I could see the singn of irritation in his face. But it was the truth and he had to face it. To save my life from the awkward situation I was just about to have, the doorbell rang once again, and I knew it was Alex. Unless someone else wanted to crash our party. Nop. I was right. As soon as I rushed over to open the door, I faced a happy looking Alex holding another beautiful bouquet of roses in his hands. I smiled pathetically as I stared at him.