Chapter 20

Christie Montiero's POV

My head shot up, perspiring and panting. He was there again. The man who got me out of my bedroom. The mysterious man who helped me and I never even got to know who he was. The man who knew things about me he shouldn't. How? I have absolutley no idea; but now that he was randomley appearing in my dreams, I had to find out. As my eyes adjusted to the room, I realised I was on Alex's bed and everyone was surrounding me, their gazes heavy on my own. "Christie, are you ok?" Alex's voice echoed the room. I wanted to tell him about my dreams, but a mental debate was going on in my head wether I should or shouldn't. Maybe the man meant nothing. I would be worrying him for nothing. 

"What happened to me?" I questioned, switching the subject. They all looked at each other before George motioned for everyone to dispersed. One by one, everyone started leaving the room leaving me, Alex and his father in the room. "What's going on?" I seeked, scooting back on the bed. Alex moved so he was right beside me, his arm around me. George was stationery and no one spoke for a whole minute. 

"We believe that... you aren't human" was George's reply. I looked at him, totally dumbfounded. I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. I looked between father and son, trying to make sense of what they were trying to tell me, and before I knew it, I started laughing like a total freak.

"You, you think I'm not h-human?" I asked between laughs. Their eyes went wide as they looked at me. When neither of them answered, my laughter came to a dead end, bringing back the silence between us. "What do you mean? What could I possibly be if not human?"

"We are not sure yet. Your scent is much stronger than we have ever smelt" 

"So it's because of my scent that you think I'm not human?" For some reason, I felt frustrated, and I wanted to take a walk, alone. 

"No, it's also the fact that you responded completley well to Alex's mark" he told me. My mind was knotted and I couldn't seem to understand what he was trying to tell me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you being a human, wouldn't have been able to carry Alex's mark without being turned; which only means that you aren't human" he concluded. I raised my hand, placing on my sweaty head. It was all just too much to process. If I wasn't human, then what was I? What could I possibly be? Who are my real parents. Has my life just been a big lie?

"How will you find out what I am?" my question took them as a bit of suprise as none of them answered for a minute. 

"We don't know yet. We are going to visit my grandfather this weekend. He will know." Alex replied. I nodded as another thought penetrated my mind. My parents. 

"What about my parents?" 

"Christie, they are your parents. You can talk to them whenever you're ready." I nodded again, remaining silent. Right then, I wanted nothing more than to be with my sister. I remembered all the time I spent with her. All the gossip we made when things were simpler. I remembered all the support she gave me in life, all the times she helped me. All things we had been through together. And I wanted nothing more than to restrore those memories. I also wanted nothing more than to get away from everyone. I loved Alex, and I always will, but I needed a day off. I needed a time out from all the supernatural. And that's exactly what I was determined to do.

"Hey, do you mind if I call my sister over?" I asked Alex. Immediatley he nodded.

"Whatever you need." 

"Thank you" he bent down, and placed his lips on mine, making sparks flicker within me. Too soon, he pulled away, hanging me for more. He walked outiside to give me some privacy, and not a second later, I picked up my phone, tryping in my sister's number.As soon as she picked up, I wasted no time in introductions. "Alex's safe house now. Alone. I'm texting you the adress." 

"On my way." She replied. I hanged up and texted her the adress. Five minutes later, I was sitting on the same bed with a packet of chips in one hand and a soda in the other, my sister and Juliette were next to me as we gossiped out way through the food. 

"So how is everyone at home doing?" I asked hesitantly, my eyes down at my fiddling hands.

"Well, Mum and Dad are still worried about you. After Dad shot you by accident he hasn't been able to sleep. Peter doesn't even talk to anyone. He really misses you Chris. They've all accepted Alex, they just want you back." I looked up into her eyes, seeing nothing but honestly. Maybe she was right. Maybe it was time to forgive and forget. They are my family, and even though we have our ups and downs, I still love them. 

"I'll come back soon. I just need some time to wrap my head around everything thats been going on." She nodded understandingly until her eyes landed on my mark and her eyes widened in suprise. 

"You're marked." She stated. I simply nodded and moved my t-shirt so she could access it better. "That's incredible. So you really are happy huh?" she asked

"More than ever" I said proudly, remembering everything Alex had done for me. He was the man I loved and the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. He was mine as I was his and I never wanted that to go away. What we have is real and that will never change. Thinking about last night brought an automatic smile to my tinted face. I could recall giving myself over and if I hadn't gotten sick, then we probably would have done it. I wouldn't have been a virgin anymore. I know it sounds cliché but I always wanted to save myself for the man. A man who wouldn't have sex with me, but make love to me. A man that would love me with all he has. And I found him. Alex was the man and I was craving to be his. Completley his. In mind, sould and body. I wanted the world to know that I belonged to him and he belonged to me. I had falled deep into the hole with Alex, and there was no way I was going back. He made me happy, he made me complete, and that's all that mattered to me. 

The night passed by quickly and soon enough, Alice returned home. As soon as she left, Alex walked in, embracing me in a hug.

"How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine. Stop worrying about me. Come on, lets go to sleep." I disconnected our hug and dragged him with me towards the bed. Once we were in, he pulled me close to him from behind, wrapping his arms around my torso, and in the blink of an eye, we were both asleep. 

A/N

Hey guyss!! So the next chapter is the one!!!!! Your questions will be answered: Who is myseterious man? What does Lekros really want with Christie? All of it!! Anybody have any guesses?? Also, I have decided to publish the first chapter of my next book Choosing Wrong on the 9th of July so go check that out!! As you know, I'm still in high school so please do not judge my writing. I  am more than happy to take advice so if you have any please comment! Later peeps!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha