Chapter 25

A/N

Hey guys so just a warning that I'm not really good with war scenes, but I did my best. This chapter is unedited so I am sorry for the mistakes. Not that many chapter to go till the end but I just wanted to thank you all for your amazing support and motivation in helping me right TOIW. Love you guys so this chapter is dedicated to all my readers!!

Christie Montiero's POV

"Lekros"

"Hello darling, and can I just say how good it is to see you again."

"Well I'm afraid I can't say the same" I replied trying my best to focus on getting myself out of the chains with my magic. But for some deranged reason, it wasn't working.

"Oh darling don't bother with the magic. It's not going to work. See that darkle circle you're in, it's mountain ash, I'm agraid your magic will not work whilst you're surrounded by it." I looked around to find that he was right. A thick layer of mountain ash was outlining me. Struggling to loose free from the ropes, I heard Lekros' evil laugh conquer the area. Suddenly, the door smashed open and none other than Dan and Joe walked in; guns in their hands.

"Sir, they're here." Joe said.

"Oh jolly good!" Lekros exclaimed, clapping his hands the air. "Get the girl ready, and get the others to cover the perimeter" He clicked his fingers. Instantly, Joe walked outside and Dan walked towards me, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I snapped. However that only made his smirk grow bigger.

"This is just the beggining darling. Boss promised I'm all yours after he's drained you"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"How loud can you scream my name darling?"

"You bastard! Let me go! " I said, struggling against his hands. But without my magic, I was useless. With my hands tied behind my back, I was even more useless. He dragged me across the room, pulling me onto a flight of stairs, I tried using my magic again, but it didn't work. I tried harder, stressing on everything inside of me to make it come out, but it didn't. My mind was on panic mode and my only hope to survive now was Alex.

"Don't bother with your magic darling. The building is surrounded by mountain ash" He replied, answering my mental question. Opening the door at the bottom of the stairs, he pushed me inside and immediatley locked the door after leaving. Looking back, I realised that the place was surrounded by candles and special heroglifics on the floor. I walked around looking at the signs around the ground. they were placed with some sort of ash or powder. I didn't know what it was, however what I did know that whatever it was, it wasn't going to end well with me. I walked up to it and kicked the dust everywhere, spoiling the signs. I blew out all the candles I could. Until I came acorss an idea: Placing myself next to a candle, I moved my arms so they were close enough to burn the ropes on my wrists. The fire was slightly burning me, but I had bigger problems to deal with. I could hear footseps coming down the stairs, multiple ones, and I knew for a fact that it was time Lekros was going to drain me of my power. But I wasn't going to let that happen. Thankfully, my ropes were now loose and my hands free. I walked up to the front picking up a log of wood that was peacefully lying on the floor and stood behind the door. The footsteps were coming closer as I held on to the log tighter.

Three, two, one

And the door opened. Lekros and another old woman walked in as I hid behind the door, ready to attack.

"Where did she go?" Lekros yelled, looking frantically around the room before running out of it, the woman followed, leaving me behind in the room with the door open. Taking it as my advantage, I ran out of it, looking for an exit. I sprinted back through the stairs and through a couple other corridors when I started hearing voices.

"Oh Christie, come out come out, wherever you are." He yelled, his voice echoing throughout the building. I hid behind the walls, looking around, but there was no sign of him. Walking around an other corner, my eyes widened as I found Lekros standing patiently at the end of the corridor. "Found you." He stated, but before he could do anything, I made a run for it. I pushed my legs as hard as I could running from passage to passage. A ray of light suddenly hit my eyes, and I realised that it was the sunlight. Following the brightness, I found an open door at the end of it. But to my misfortune as soon as I tried to step foot outside the building, I banged against an invisible dome, loocking me out from the outside. That's when I noticed the sight in front of me: Wolves were running around, killing eachother and witches and humans were fighting for their lives. Basically, it was World War 3 all over again. I kicked and punched the dome, but I just couldn't get through. My eyes travelled to the floor where I noticed another black layer of mountain ash circling the tower.

Suddenly, a giant brown wolf appeared in front of me. I didn't need to think to know that it was Alex. He tried pushing through the dome, but it was useless. I focused on his eyes, making him stop. I pointed down at the mountain ash, trying to convey a message. But it was too late.

"You can't hide from me forever, darling" He was standing right behind me. I tried to walk back but I was only pushing harder against the dome. All of a sudden, I found myself falling from my position and noises filling my ear. I waited for the impact of the floor but instad was met with fur. My eyes widened in suprise as I realised that I was outside the building and on top of Alex's wolf form. He had broken the circle of mountain ash and Lekros was running his way towards me. But that also meant another thing: I now had my magic back. Smirking at his running form, I hopped off Alex and focused on my next move. Lekros stopped in his tracks, holding his sides as he collapsed to the ground. "What are you doing to me you bitch?!" He snapped. I ignored him and continued ripping his insides out with my mind. At this point, I was thankful for my skills.

In the blink of an eye, I witnessed the happiest day of my life come true. Lekros was sprawled on the ground, eyes closed and breathing gone.

Lekros was dead. And the battle was over.

Picture of Hannah to the side---->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha