vii. two can keep a secret

chapter seven 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟒, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟕

chapter seven
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟒, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟕

Davina laid in Robbys arms, her heart clenching as he played with her hair. She felt like she was betraying him in some way, by telling Tory her backstory it didn't feel as much as reliever as she expected it to. She knew what her messed up heart and mind truly wanted, she wanted Robby to know.

Davina for once in her life felt hesitant trusting Robby, she loved him - she had told Hawk and Demetri that - but she wasn't sure November 19th was a thing she could trust him with.

Davina knew Tory better than she knew herself, Davina knew that Tory would take her secret to the grave and beyond. Plus not only that but Tory had informed Davina of her current situation, working constant jobs to provide for her sick mother and little siblings, not to mention the pervert land lord she had.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" Her head was in fact not pretty - it was messed up, uncontrollable.

"Nothing much" Davina sat up, she knew it was a time to confront her boyfriend on something "have you gotten revenge on Hawk yet?"

She saw him hesitate before he answered "no princess, we haven't"

Something flipped inside Davina, she stood up quickly. "I'm just going for a walk, I feel like a chicken sandwich"

Robby sat up "do you want me to come with you"

"No" she answered quickly "I mean, you probably want to warm up before training"

Davina quickly made her way out of the dojo just in time for Robby to yell out to her "we warm up during training idiot"

Davina knew he was joking around and calling her an idiot, but the real idiot was him believing he could get away with lying about himself and the others did to Hawk. The Nevoa girl knew she was being dramatic, but she had felt on edge with everything since Tory had found her crying in the bathroom.

Davina Nevoa then and there that when Robby stepped forward and told her himself what he had done to Hawk - how he had ruined the one thing the boy had left going for him - then and only then would she tell him about November 19th

two can keep a secret.

"Today we have a very important lesson, don't we Sensei silver?"

"Yes we do" Silver looked at the students "weakness"

"your opponents weakness must be exploited whenever possible"

"At the tournament, you'll have to recognise that weakness and make no mistake, we all have one" Davina caught Tory's eyes at the words, the blonde gave a small nod turning to face her Sensei's "Sensei Kreese doesn't"

"Of course he does, we all do" Kreese looked at the other Sensei as Silver continued "today your goal is to find your opponents weakness, and attack it. No points. You hit the mat you lose, you got it?"

The students nodded, Silver clapped "all right, prepare for combat"

The students got into a square shape around the mat. They were informed on how each Sensei will pick a fighter each.

"Elswith" Silvers fighter

"Nichols" Kreese's fighter

The two walked over to their Sensei's before they got into a tight fighting position. "Ais"

Tory had won easily.

"Good one, Sensei Kreese. Whos next?"

Kreese smirked "Nevoa"

Silver nodded "Alenz"

Davina walked over to Kreese. Kreese nodded towards her "if you don't know he weakness, use that against him until you work it out"

Davina nodded, she had never fought the boy before. She got into her usual fighting stance. "Ais"

The boy charged at her, he threw a punch and Davina ducked knowingly. She kicked his guts, the boy came back for more but Davina was faster, she tried punching the boy yet he blocked them. She suddenly wrapped her leg around his right leg before kicking it and bringing him to the ground.

Davina knew from the second he ran at her his right knee was the weakness, he held his body weight all on his left. It made the right an easy target, she just needed to disguise her hits.

"Another one for me" Kreese smirked.

"Double or nothing?"

"Okay. Mr. Keene"

Sensei silver looked around "Payne"

Kreese snickered and Davina's face stayed cold while her mind went crazy with worry, one of them would be sorry by the end - and it would most likely be Robby to Kenny, the odds were in her boyfriends favour.

Robby had hurt Kenny's arm immediately, the older boy went to check in him but kreese had called them both to their corners again.

They got back on the mat, Kenny held his arm until it was their turn to bow to one another.

"Ais"

Robby kicked Kenny's hurt shoulder by accident again. His face dropped in realisation "K-Kenny. I'm sorry if-"

Kenny got down to the ground kicking Robbys legs out from under him. Robby ended up on the floor with a grunt. Silver and Kenny high fives "what did we learn? The common belief is you shouldn't care what other people think of you, right? Wrong. What your opponent is thinking is key in war, in business, in a fight. Don't let the opponent think whatever they want, make them think what you want them to think and if they think you're weak, that's when you surprise them with your strength" he walked over to Kreese "you owe me some brewskis brother."