Chapter 3

Author's pov...

"Ya Allah. Please iss baar bhi 90 percent above dila dena warna bhaijaan to mera qatl he kardenge." Shimrah made her dua as she sat in the big auditorium of her college where the professors and everyone were going to give speeches.
[Oh God. Please help me receive above 90 percent this time or else Bhaijaan will kill me.]

"Oi Shimrah. Tune suna?" Maheen elbowed my stomach to tell me something as we sat in the last chairs of the auditorium.
[Hey Shimrah. You know what?]

"Nahi, kya?" Shimrah asked being the curious cat she is. "For the first time somebody of our college in our major topped in the whole city of London." Chris stated as he took the seat beside Maheen who was seated beside Shimrah.
[No. What happened?]

"No way!" Hiba gasped as she took the empty seat on the other side of Shimrah.

Here is the story behind these four friends. Shimrah and Maheen had been friends since forever and even went to the same school. Both of them used to get bullied by the other students because they were Muslims but Maheen and Shimrah were not the weak ones. They fought bavk and no one dared to raise their voice against them.

Then they met Chris who was a fat boy and an orphan. He was bullied by others for being fat. They once saw him getting beaten up by some older boys and stood up for him. After that day they had been friends till this date. Chris has become a handsome young man now with a great physique. Chris is now like a family member for all three families but mostly for Khans and Bakhtiyars.

Hiba was a friend of these three but not in the same school so didn't meet that much even though Maheen and Hiba were cousins. But later they took admission in the same college in the same course and Hiba soon became a member of their gang. And now all four of them are inseparable.

Back to the story.

The professors are busy giving there last speech for the students while the students had no interest in these speeches.

The group of four students in the last row were busy gossiping about all the pranks they played in this college.

"Who do you think is that topper?" Hiba asked as she was curiously looking around the front seats to guess who might that person be.

"I say it's that Martin guy. Have you seen how much he studies! He is even the puppet of all these professors." Maheen stated as she saw how Martin was listening to the speeches of the professors so seriously.

"Nah. I say it's that Lara girl. She is always ready to eat Shimrah up when our girl gets good marks or any professor praises her." Chris never liked Lara because she always tried to get on our nerves which would irritate the hell out of him.

"It must be Andrew. He always tops in our class and he is also a bookworm." Shimrah said as she saw Andrew was still engrossed in some kind of a book.

"Let's see who it is." They all said together and just acted like they listening to those speeches.

"Hope you all have a good future. You can collect your result memos from the desk after the distribution of awards for the top 3 ranks. And your graduation ceremony will be held after a week." The Dean spoke through the microphone.

"Wah. Itne acche marks lane ke baad inko sirf ek choti trophy de rahe hai ye log." Hiba scoffed while looking at the three trophies kept behind the dean.
[Wow. Even after getting such nice marks, these people are giving those students only small trophies.]

"Chalo dekhte hai woh teen badkismat wale students ko jo itna padhne ke baad sirf ek trophy milrahi hai." Shimrah laughed as she thought of how much hard work these students have put just to get one single trophy and some fake praises from people.
[Let's see who those three unlucky students are, who will only be receiving one single trophy even after studying so much]