Chapter 22

Author's pov...

Next day... [Eid day]

"Eid Mubarak Baba!" Shimrah tightly hugged her father after they completed Eid ki namaz early in the morning.

"Eid Mubarak mera baccha!" Shakeel kissed his daughter forehead before hugging his other children.

Shimrah also hugged her mother and then her siblings. Finally they sat on the couch while discussing about what they have to do today.

"Mumma plan kya hai aapka?" Sameer asked Saniya since she was the one who actually makes the plan while Shakeel modifies it.

"I was thinking ki pehle tumhari Dadi se milne jaayenge phir Nani se. Phir lunch and dinner tumhari Mahmooda Aunty ke paas karna hai." Saniya had made this plan.

"Nahi. Pehle tumlog ki Nani se milne jaayenge phir Dadi ke paas. Meku actually kuch news mile dusre relatives ke paas se ki tumhari phupu ne tumhare Dada ka ghar bhej diya. Uske baare mai puchna hai unlog se." Shakeel clearly looked worried about that topic.

"Kya!?" The kids shouted together.

"Par Baba, woh ghar to Dada ne Shimrah ke liye rakha tha na. Unhone clearly sabke saamne kaha tha ki woh ghar Shimrah ka hai." Shariya worriedly stated to her father.

"Haan. Pata hai. Tension mat lo. That house doesn't hold much importantance and I don't think your phupus will do this behind my back. It might just be a rumour." Shakeel calmed his family.

"I will just go and make Sheer Khurma." Shimrah got off the couch but Saniya stopped her.

"Baad mai bana lena. Abhi jaake taiyaar ho jao. Bahar jaana hai hume." Saniya said but Shimrah refused.

"Mumma. Mai 5 minute me taiyaar ho jaungi par mujhe Mahmooda aunty ke liye Sheer Khurma banana hai. Unhe bahut pasand hai mere haath ka Sheer Khurma." Shimrah tried to request her mother to let her make Sheer Khurma.

"Unke ghar mai hi jaake banalo. Garm garm accha rahega. Abhi jaake taiyaar hojao." Saniya said and Shimrah nodded knowing that she can also make Sheer Khurma at Mahmooda's house. Last time also she was the one to make Sheer Khurma for their house.
_______________________________________

"Excuse me." Shimrah excused herself when she was continuously getting called by Katie.

She was right now seated with her family, Dadi and her Phupus families. She had spent whole two hours at her Nani's place and then an hour here until she got a call from Katie

"Hello. What happened? Why are you calling me continuously!?" Shimrah didn't let Katie speak by asking her questions one after the other.

"There is a very big problem at the company!" Katie shouted from the other side making Shimrah worried.

"What happened?" Shimrah asked.

"You know the meeting that was supposed to be held after two days with a company whose owner lives in US. He is here now. He wants the meeting to be held today. And I don't know how to contact the CEO of our company. You need to be here fast with all the documents required for the meeting." Katie said in one breath and Shimrah remembered that Katie still didn't know that Mustafa is the CEO of the company.

"But why did they arrive today?" Shimrah asked.

"It seems that the father of the owner of the company wanted to get this deal as soon as he could. So he sent his son here to get the deal today itself. And now will you stop asking questions and come. You need to here in another hour!" Katie shouted at Shimrah while panicking.