❀ 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐩𝐨'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 ❀

A/N: Today is obviously my precious's birthday, and he deserves something nice of course, so I wanted to write a birthday special -- as I've been waiting for this moment nearly all year. My birthday was also 6 days ago, so it makes it even more special! <3

----

Today is Ranpo's birthday, and he's more excited than ever, because he gets to spend it actually together with Poe. He stood in front of the mirror, taking a good look at himself. "Maybe I should wear something nicer today..." He thought, walking over to the closet to look through it. "Actually, I'll just wear this-" Ranpo decided on casual clothes instead.

----

Once he was dressed, wearing loose, beige pants, a light brown beret, and a pale, cropped green sweater on top, he walked out the room to try and find Poe, which was of course already awake. "Poe, it's a very special day!" Ranpo beamed, smiling bright. "Happy birthday, dear!" Poe hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead and taking his hat off to ruffle his hair. "Hey!" He complained. "I will let you do it today though in since it's my birthday.." Ranpo grumbled.

"Well, we should eat breakfast now -- I've already made it." Poe let go, walking over to the table where there was freshly made pancakes and eggs. "Ta-da! I hope you like it, love. I've been up for hours, Karl too, heh." Poe smiled, feeling proud of himself. "It looks delicious, thank you!" Ranpo kissed Poe's cheek and sat down, eating.

Karl chittered, snuggled up on Poe's shoulders and looking at Ranpo. "Karl says happy birthday, too." He pet Karl's head, making him purr.

When Ranpo was done eating, he got up and stretched, sighing contentedly. "That was nice!" He kissed Poe's cheek again, grinning. Poe walked over to another place in the room, seeming to be looking for something. "Now where did I put it... Ah, there it is! Silly me, I'm too tired..." He muttered, almost too fast for Ranpo to hear.

"Okay Ranpo, I have something for you, so keep your eyes closed!" Poe told him, Ranpo closing his eyes. "Hehe, I already have an idea of what it is." He smirked, his eyes closed.

"You can open your eyes now."

Ranpo opened his eyes, smiling as soon as he saw Poe holding a bouquet of Ranpo's favorite flowers and, of course, his favorite candy. "Thank you sweetheart..." Ranpo blushed and hugged Poe, not wanting to let go. "You're welcome, I love you a lot and I know I show you that every day, but today is very special and I'm happy I get to be there." He hugged back, kissing Ranpo.

Ranpo giggled and kissed back. "I love you too. Can we go to the park today?" He asked. "I don't see why not!" Poe grinned, putting Ranpo's flowers in a vase before leaving.

----

Poe and Ranpo were walking to the park, Poe giving Ranpo a piggyback ride because he already got tired of walking; Karl sitting on Ranpo's head, slightly messing up his beret.

"You couldn't survive walking...?" Poe muttered, struggling a little. "Hey! I'm not that heavy! And it's my birthday, so I can do what I want!" Ranpo scoffed, sassing Poe. "You're right, forget I said anything." Poe sighed softly and continued walking.

Once they finally reached the park, Poe let Ranpo off of his back and Ranpo immediately ran to the swings, Karl holding onto him for dear life. "Wait! Give Karl to me!" Poe freaked out, scurrying after him. Ranpo turned around and gently handed Karl to Poe. "Sorry!" He said, looking at Poe holding Karl in his arms.

Ranpo made his way to the swings and sat in one of them. "Push me!" He threw his arms out and held back onto it. "O-Okay, hold on!" Poe let Karl move up to his shoulders and rushed over to Ranpo, pushing him on the swings. "Weeee!" Ranpo shouted, giggling. Poe smiled, continuing to push him.

Once Ranpo was done with the swings, he and Poe went on another stroll, enjoying the fresh air. "Today is such a great day..." Ranpo sighed happily.

All of a sudden, Yosano rushed up to them. "Yosano? How'd you know we were here?" Poe was confused, considering he didn't plan this. "You guys always go on walks around here." She shrugged. "YOSANO!" Ranpo hugged her tight, smiling. "Ahh, happy birthday, Ranpo! How's your day?"

"My day is great, Poe got me flowers and candy!" Ranpo beamed. "Oh, how lovely! How about we all three go out to places together?" Yosano suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea!"