The Past

Leo's POV

I woke up before her, which was normal whenever she bites more than she can chew. I saw the way she looked at me after I mentioned the abortion. It's one of the reasons I have never mentioned having kids to Angel. I think am just afraid that she would change her mind like Alexa did.

Dating Alexa was amazing at first, she was just amazing and I loved the feeling of pride that I got whenever people would look at her with lust and realise they could never have her because she was mine. The way I praised her perfect body and made her scream my name over and over again. It's sad because it was short-lived.

She barged into my office one afternoon looking upset. Scott tried to ask her what was wrong but she pushed him away. It hurt his feelings because he was only trying to be nice. I had to tell him, she was not in her right mind and that she needed space. I spent the whole day consoling her, trying to make her tell me what was troubling her. After three days of silent treatment, she finally told me that she was pregnant and the agency gave her a week to decide if she still wanted the job or not.

I knew what it meant but there was no way I would force her into being a mother when it clearly was not what she wanted. Alexa lived for the attention she got in her modeling career because she always dreamed of being a supermodel. I tried all that I could to make sure that she looked the part by going with her to the events I went to and introducing her to my colleagues who had ties to modeling agencies until she landed her million-dollar contract.

She was in the top ten of the most highly paid-models in the market. As someone ambitious as well, I kind of understood why she was disturbed by the decision. I loved her and I was ready to do anything for her, I just never thought that I would have to sacrifice our child for it. "Look, I can talk to Franchesco and tell him to give you some time off to take care of the baby", I suggested. My answer was not what she wanted because she glared at me like she wanted me to die on the spot. "I can't take a break Leo, the annual runway festive is in three months and I finally got the lead of the fashion show, I can't just walk away because of a stupid pregnancy!", she shouted then walked out of the room.

Despite her outburst, I didn't want to give up on our child. I called her phone a thousand times and was scared out of my mind when she didn't pick up. I went to her friend's place and she wasn't there.

On the third day, I was done and on my way to the police station when I got a call from Liam telling me that he found her. I never cared how I just rushed to them and when I got to Liam's home, I found her lying on the sofa sound asleep. I thanked Liam and took her home. I took leave from the office and dedicated the entire week to her. Just to hold her and make her feel better. I was happy that she was okay until I found a box of meds in the bathroom when I was gathering all the clothes ready to take them to our laundry lady. I searched on the internet and found out that it was a drug used for abortion.

She walked in just in time to see me break my laptop in half. She looked like a deer caught in headlights and honestly, all I saw was red. She started crying and telling me how her dreams meant everything to her. She didn't miss the chance to remind me of my cheating history and how she forgave me, twice. I had to let it go. She gave me a chance it was only fair that I did the same.

From that day she became very close to Liam who was my Vice President at the time. I didn't mind because I had known him my whole life and I trusted him with my life. Months passed by and she started pushing me to marry her, it was understandable at first but my head was not there yet. I was in the middle of officially launching La Juventud for Sofia so I just needed focus, and getting married would have taken my attention from it.

Marriage to me is a vital thing and I wanted to do it right while Alexa wanted something simple, to be specific a court wedding. I mean am a Specter, the firstborn for that matter, and I was not about to have an ordinary wedding. I didn't want my Mum to send me to an early grave. She had been trying to make me sign a property purchase agreement for the mansion she wanted us to buy, but I hadn't seen it so, I told her to wait.

She was so pissed. She tried to storm out with the papers despite me telling her to leave them behind and let me go through them when I had less on my plate. She was about to open the door and leave when Dad entered my office looking like he was about to murder someone and snatched the papers from her. She trembled like someone just poured water on her. All Dad did was look at her in the eyes and she started talking, I didn't believe a word she said until Dad gave me the papers. There was no sign of 'property purchase' anywhere. It was a share transfer consent letter, if I had signed it, I would have given everything to her and Liam. My best friend.

Dad tried to comfort me but it was useless, I stormed out of my office and went to Liam's floor but he wasn't there. I got in the car and drove like a maniac to his house, Alexa's car was parked outside like she was in a rush to get in. I walked in quietly and the maids didn't bother stopping me because I spent most of my time there. I found him trying to calm her down with kisses, and that was all the proof I needed.