Seventy-Seven

This is it, team, this is the final chapter! There's a lengthy note at the end of this so I won't go on about it too much here. Enjoy!

*TW* Self Harm *TW*

CARTER

"Carter? Can you hear me?" Uncle Will said.

Uncle Will?

"Huh? What's happening?" I mumbled. God, I was groggy. And exhausted. My lips tingled numbly and my brain felt like mush. It hurt to move. My arms were burning.

"Carter, listen to me. You're in the hospital. You came in the ambulance"

"Where's mom?" All I could remember was mom yelling at me. She'd called me a disappointment, and told me I was no better than my dad. She had hurt me.

"Mom? Uncle Will, where is she?"

"I don't know, do you want her?" I shook my head furiously. My brain felt like it was rolling around inside my skull. I groaned and stopped.

"Hey, easy. She's not here. I'm about to call her." I sighed in relief. Then my mind began to piece together little snippets of this afternoon. Mom yelling, mom catching me on the ice, mom catching me on the ice with Fraser. Fraser.

"Fraser?"

"He's in the waiting room with Luke."

"I need him" I attempted to sit up but I was forced back down by Will.

"Easy, easy Little Bean. Lay back." I obliged.

"You lost a lot of blood Carter, I'll get Fraser for you as soon as you've had a bit more in you. Do you remember what happened?" I nodded weakly.

"Mom came to campus. I was teaching Fraser to skate. She caught us and I sprinted back to my room. She banged on the door and yelled at me, and at the chancellor. I couldn't take it anymore. I found a razor blade and, and-" I had begun to cry.

"Shh, it's okay. You rest for a bit. I'm gonna go call your mom and tell her to go home. Then I'll check in on you and I'll get Fraser for you." I nodded, Uncle Will handing me a tissue and helping me wipe my eyes. He disappeared. I took a deep breath and tried to recall the last few hours.

I was skating with Fraser and I was about to tell him how I felt. About to tell him I was in love with him. And the next thing I know I'm running away from my mother and locking myself in my room. I could hear her shouting, even as I began to bleed and lose consciousness. Then I heard him. I felt him.

Fraser's voice echoed in my mind

'Hold on. I can't lose you. Just hold on'

I felt his tears hitting me. I tried to tell him I was holding on. I remember my brain screaming at my body to do something. Show him somehow that I was okay.

I felt myself begin to cry again, just as Uncle Will stepped back into the room.

"She's not happy with me, or you either. But she's going to- Hey, what's going on Little Bean?" He walked over to me and pulled me into his arms.

"Shh, it's okay Carter. I'm here. I'm here"

"I need him. I need Fraser"

"Hey, I need to you stay calm. He's in the waiting room with Luke. I'll get him when you stop this and calm down, okay?" I nodded, taking deep breaths as best I could. Soon I'd calmed down enough and Uncle Will let me go.