Part 1

Welcome to Aramoor. A small town filled with big secrets, secrets that are dumb and secrets, that end lives. It is not wise to seek secrets out in this town, because it's better if you don't know. A lot happens in the shadows. Don't turn around and flash a light on it. Because we all know the light can be blinding. Everyone has secrets. From the Mayor to the local juniors, long story short.

Trust no one

~~~Sydney Pov~~~

"You know, what Violet ?" I started

"What Sydney?" Violet looked at me surprised.

I bit my lip and said "I'm so sick, and tired of being pushed over. I want to be more alpha."

"Sydney no one views you as weak trust me." Violet scoffed "They might use more colorful words to describe you." She was picking up her books.

She looked at me, as if she remembered something "You need a ride?"

"No, I'm just going to visit the principal ....for a little chat." I answered her.

"Do you want me to wait?" Violet questioned "Cause I need to be somewhere?"

"Another one of your secret trips?" I teased. She just got visibly stiff.

"No, I don't know. How long I'll be. I'll call my driver, to take me home." She pulled a face but it quickly, vanished as soon as it appeared. We just shared a look, she just nodded her head and walked out of the room.

I made my way down the hallway to the principal's office, with my backpack on my shoulder. I knocked on the door. I looked at my nails. I should really book an appointment. It's been 3 whole days.

"Come in ."He had no idea of what was coming is way.

"Good morning how can I help you today Sydney." The principal spoke to me all chirpy. I just leaned back, in my seat and didn't break eye contact.

I took a deep breath and started "Of course, you can help. My marks are slipping. Since my father is a mayor, it's a bad look."

"Then you should have worked harder." He leaned forward, to challenge me.

"Or you should change my results." I declared.

"Get out of my office." The principal snapped. He aggressively pointed towards the door.

I pulled out an envelope from my backpack, "Now I would watch my mouth, if I were you."

He took the envelope. I slid it across the table. As soon as he realized what it was, he started pulling on his tie.

" You know if you are the mayor's daughter you have access, to so much. It isn't even funny." I leaned closer, " You could either pay a private investigator to dig into your past or you can reach out to someone's ex-wife. That they constantly cheated on. To ask them what they know, they would sing like a bird. Just off the strength they don't like you." I whispered to him aggressively.

The principal gave me the coldest stare in the world. I didn't dare break eye contact. "Even if I did help you. I think your teachers would notice the change." He spoke smugly.

" That's up to you to give my dad an edited version. Or hack the school system or threaten your teachers. I really don't care just get it done......or else this might make the media." I threatened.

"I have worked my bones off to get this position " I heard the anger in his voice. His hands started shaking.

I put my backpack, on my shoulder. "Then you shouldn't, have done that. "I pointed to the envelope. I looked him dead, in the eyes. " You have no one to blame, but yourself, you can keep the envelope. I have copies."

I started to get up. I could feel his heavy, eyes on me.

His cold voice broke through, the silence. " You going to regret this"

I tossed him a wide smile " Like how you regret, what you did?" I chuckled. "Till then."

I walked out of the room and slammed; the door shut. I heard a loud wail from the office. As I walked out of the office. I saw a girl walking with Mr. Fine.

I saw my black limo pull up. So, I just ignored Mr. Fine. My driver opened my door. I tossed my maroon-colored hair. And I slide in.

Buzz

I saw Branson. Was calling me. I answered my phone, "Hey, what are you doing later tonight?"

"Oh no, nothing just some lame homework." I confessed

"Good... Get ready at 8. I'm taking you to Pétale." He boomed over the phone.

A grin spread across my face, "Why are you spoiling me all the sudden?"

"I just wanted a smile on your face." Branson confessed.

We continued, to talk till I got back home.

~~~~~~~~

I walked out of the limo in a sparkly light cream dress. And walked into Pétale.

I was looking around the room to see him. There he was in a black suit. He stood up and pulled a seat "Hey you look amazing." Branson said while he kissed me on the cheek.

" Thank you. You look great yourself. But didn't we go out yesterday" I said to him.

"You tired of me." Branson whispered in my ear. While pulling up my seat.

" No it's a lot of money. Where do you even get the money?" I inquired, while taking a seat.

He went to take his seat across me "Babe, I got it . Don't even worry about it." Brandson said as he stroked my hair. " Hey, look at that. The principal is looking at us." Branson lightly motions his head, towards the principal.

"Huh?" I turned around so quickly, to look in the direction he was looking. He stood there, with his hands in his pocket with a blank expression." Maybe he wants to be young again?" I joked. I flashed him a bright smile.

The principal just threw, poison at me with his eyes.

------------------

Author's note

Welcome to my new book. The story is full, of secrets and drama.

Please view these characters, with an open mind.

Please vote, comment and share with a friend.