✧༻Part 15༺✧

~~~Sydney Pov~~~

I was eagerly waiting, by my window. After Branson dropped me off. I was busy listening and editing the audio. This edited audio was more explosive than a bomb. I sent Violet the edited, voice audio. I was boiling after that argument with Branson. Why does he have to be stubborn? We face to face, but we don't see eye to eye. His reasoning for me not to help him, was as clear as mud.

But Violet needs to handle Mia. Before next week.

My phone vibrated. I immediately look down. I see a text

I'm here - Ben

A dagger went through my stomach. I took a breath, to collect courage through my lungs. I grabbed my pink sweats and grabbed my envelope that has money inside. This is such a busy night. I made my way downstairs.

I walked towards him with crossed arms. I parted my lips to say "Hey Ben."

He just nodded his head. Then Passed me the recording device. We used to record Mia and Fine.

I leaned forward to ask him, "Did you experience any problems. Getting into the school?"

He had minimal facial expression "Only picking, the lock of Mr. Fine's classroom." He kicked the rock that was on the ground.

Then he licked his lips " Where's the payment? I got the other thing too?"

I looked down. He opened the palm of his hand, "A token of my gratitude. You got Candy's phone?" The air between us was so tense. I hesitantly passed him the envelope.

He took his hands  out of his pocket and started to count the money, while continuing he explained "Yes, I broke into his house. Threw some things around to not make it so obvious. What I was truly there for." his voice was stern as a judge. He was nothing like that boy we partied with that night Candy got hit. These aren't exactly favorable conditions.

He passes me Candy's phone. I took that phone out his hands. Quick as a wink.

"Remember not a word to anyone." I told him while maintaining eye contact.

He scoffed, and placed the envelope of money in his pocket  "Yeah I'm so excited to tell people. I robbed my teammate."

I gave him a nod of understanding. He slumped his shoulders. "See you around."

He walked off without waiting for my responds. He was here one moment and gone the next. 

I pulled out my phone and texted the fortune-teller.

I got the phone. That you threatened me for. 

Then I immediately got a message back. I was in a whirlwind waiting, for a responds from the fortune Teller.

message1-See, was that so hard to have that phone snatched.  I know you got a little hit man that would do it for  a sparkly belt

I rolled my eyes at the Fortune Teller's message. Then my fingers started tapping on my screen.

Now what do you want me to do with this phone

message 2- just leave it outside next to your gate

I took a breath, then realization hit me. Then I wrote back

Wait why should I follow your orders? How did you know Branson? Why do you want it?

I waited for a few minutes. I just was growing more and more uneasy and annoyed.