❣Part 6❣

~~~Violet Pov~~~

My thoughts are running wild like, a wild horse. Suddenly sleep is a luxury. I can't afford it. It didn't make the situation better than that. Hearing this unfold in the morning news. Didn't make it better. 

I must remain strong. Especially for the sake of Sydney. She was still frozen, to my honesty. 

Sydney started breathing, like a pregnant woman after she ran a marathon "That's reassuring!" I didn't mean to freak her out.

She just took a deep breath "When is my car ready?" Sydney asked.

I leaned back in my seat "I don't know. Haven't spoken to the guy" I Started.

She rubbed her arm "Who is he anyway?" Sydney asked

"An old   friend of ours." I answered honestly

"Again, how resecuring." She rolled her eyes "I don't even want to know."

I raised one eyebrow, "Oh you want me, to lie to you. If so I can do that."

"It's just.... " She sat down. She was looking straight ahead.

"We going to be fine, if this remains between us." I told her  "Do not share, this with Branson either."

She turned to look, at me so quick. My heart dropped in realization, did she run her mouth.

"ARE YOU DUMB." She greeted her teeth. "What would I tell him, sorry I ran over your sister." Sydney exploded

I took a breath of relief. She just had a scowl on her face.

She licked her lips, "Look do you, know how hard it is...to constantly, lie in someone's face."

My stomach started to turn like a wheel.And I broke eye contact, to look down. I walked into my house and towards. The kitchen sink.

The victim of the hit and run was identified. As Candy Monroe. There was an individual that called for an ambulance from the victim's phone. No one else was found on the crime scene. The victims in critical condition. Doctors are saying  few more minutes. She would have been, pronounced dead on the scene

Sydney grabbed the remote and switch the TV off. I saw  our reflecting on the screen, we  both looked like we saw a ghost. We shared a deathing silence.

"Maybe....we should...tell the police." Sydney started to whimpered.

She started to wipe her eyes and gain her composer " I don't know if I can keep this secret." She walked out the kitchen and I was hot on her heel.

I tried to keep my composer I really did. And I stated "Oh really you can't keep this secret. What would it benefit you  to share it, with the police. " I ran a h through my hair in frustration. "What clearing your conscience  or being a good person"

Sydney rubbed her neck, but I continued "Think of the ramifications. You can go to jail, or your reputation can be smeared. Don't forget who you are. This situation can end up, on  your criminal record forever. Making you to lose, future opportunities." I kneeled in front of  her, "If you ask me the cons out weigh the pros."

She just leaned back on the couch, and covered her face with her hands.

"This is too much. Branson doesn't even have insurance for his sister Candy. " She sat up straight and looked me in the eyes  "He won't even take the money I offered him. We all know, that that football salary, money isn't that thick. I am going to cause my boyfriend to go broke'" Sydney goes on. But I'm still stuck, on something else she said.

"Wait he has no insurance?" I ogled and crinkled my nose. She nodded her head. 

I rubbed her knee "it's not your fault."

She gave me the sharpest look .

"No ,I mean that he. Doesn't have insurance..." I stopped mid sentence, because Syndey put her hand  on my face.

Sydney rubbed the nap of her neck "He needs money."

"And quickly too" I added on loudly. And I  know exactly where, he can get it

She flashed me the weakest smile, in the world "I'm going home."

"Okay let me grab a jacket than ." I said, I as I stood up

She shook her head and shot up  like a bullet "No I need time to myself." Sydney bit her lip.

And walked out.

----------

I sat on that porch for the rest of the day, staring out at the distant sky. Watching it get darker, over time.

All I was thinking  about was would've, could've, should've.

This was all over, the news. Poor Candy. I kind of liked her. What was she doing alone in the woods?  My mind is racing like a racing horse. 

WHAT A MESS WE'VE MADE.

My phone starts to vibrate. I take a deep breath. I pulled my phone out. And dragged my eyes, to the screen.

I scrunched my face in confusion. As I read the message.

Your greatest mistake, is my greatest accomplishment.- UNKNOWN