Part 13

~~~Branson's Pov~~~~

When I saw Violet. In the window. I saw her wide eyes. 

I felt like my feet were stuck. In mud, but I had to walk away. Cause there is nothing I can do, for her. I looked to the left to see someone coming. I needed to bounce.

I ran off into the parking lot. I grabbed the car's cold handlebars. I slid into the seat, grabbed the steering, wheel and started the car and drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was unable to sit still. I needed to know. Why was she out there all night.

Candy's phone   was sitting on the table. And I was looking at it, while the was a cold drink in my hand. I put the phone on the  table. Scared to see what secrets it held.

Knock knock knock

I looked at the time, 4 am. "Who in the world is it? Was it the police?" I whispered to myself.

I heard a soft delicate voice "Branson. It's me." 

I rushed towards the door. I gawked at the sight of her. To see Sydney. In white jeans, and a pink hoodie.

"Where is your security team?"  I stepped aside to let her in. She gave me a kiss. This felt nice

She pulled back "My dad, isn't home and I snuck out."

I lost my train of thought  ''huh?". She chuckled and reminded me, "my security team?"

Then I remembered " oh. Yeah.. yeah." She   walked towards my fridge. And she opened it,I immediately embarrassed.

There was a confused look on her face. "You didn't go buy groceries?"

"No, not yet. I haven't been able to get a chance. I told a bold face lie. She closed the fridge door.  "I can buy, some groceries for you?"

I rolled my eyes at her, because I know where this conversation is going "No."

She bites her lip,  " Where do you even get your money?" I lowered my eyebrow at her,  "Is that a rhetorical question?"

"No  I am curious about your answer." She crossed her arms in front of her and pouted

I was fighting a smile, at how cute she looked. " That is none of your concern." But I didn't hesitate to answer her back sharply.

She pulled a look of disgust. Then she looked  the Candy's phone and paused. A look of know how my boyfriend makes his money."

"Yes I'm your boyfriend not your husband. The way I make  my money is no concern of yours." I took in a breath to  " I don't ask you about how you afford that mansion. So, tell me do the tax payers pay for your mansion."

She was taken a back, but she collected her composure and roared back "My dad has businesses.  He has multiple streams, of income outside, being a mayor. My mom came, from a rich family."   She tilted her head. "Your turn."

I took a breather and answered, "You know I'm part, of the town's soccer team." While I was jutting my chin

She narrowed her eyes at me "Really? Is that enough for our fine dining and your sisters' bills?"   She was starting to fume.

So, I started to take control of the situation " I think you should leave?" She started to blink her eyes rapidly. Then looked down. Then she looked up with so much anger in her eyes. I  took a step back.

"I literarily; snuck out my house at 4 am,  and used uber. Just for  you to kick me out?" She exploded.

"I really  didn't  think that through. " I blurted out.  "You can stay as long as you want"