(Abby) PT. 1

Song recommendation: None

Romantic interest: Abby

Warnings:-

Y/n held her aching side as she walks away from the rattler's base. She'd been shot while trying to escape. She was trying to go through an area that morning when they found her and locked her in a cell, luckily, unlike most of the people there she got out.

Y/n's bare feet hit the sand and from afar she could see a sight she wishes she could unsee. She speed walks a little faster. 
People were tied to poles, some dead, some skeletons... The breath in her throat hitched. This could've been her fate if she hadn't escaped.

"Help me..." A low voice was heard. 

Y/n looked to her left and saw someone looking down at her. They looked like they were once muscular but months of malnutrition ate away at most of it.

"Please..."

They looked so tired... It was hard to tell if they were a boy or girl, their skin was so cracked and there was choppy cut... Probably a girl.

"It's you"

"Do I know you?" 

"Yes... You knew me..."

Y/n looks at the person. They didn't look familiar at all...

"Who are you?"

"Abby"

Y/n thought for a moment before realizing...

(Flashback)

"Come on Y/n! You're so slow!" Abby said as she ran through the WLF base.

"It's not my fault you run two hours a day"

"And it's not my fault you sit on your butt all day!"

Y/n rolled her eyes.

It was Y/n's 16th birthday and Abby wanted to do something special since it was her 'Sweet sixteen'. Y/n was only letting Abby do something since she wanted Abby to be happy.

Abby stopped at the end of the hall, turning back to look at Y/n.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep" 

Abby opens the door. The cafeteria had been decorated, with handmade decorations on the wall that honestly looked really good. Balloons. And five of Y/n's favorite people.

"Surprise!!" Manny, Mel, Owen, Nora, and Abby say at the same time.

They were all wearing birthday hats. Owen sticks a kazoo in his mouth and blows it loudly sticking his arms out.
A bright smile spreads on Y/n's lips as she looks at everything then turns to look at Abby who was already looking at her. Abby was taller...

"Do you like it?" Abby asks, smiling sweetly.

"I love it!" Y/n walks in, and Abby closes the doors behind them. "I did the decorations, and I got the hats..." 

"Manny and I made the cake, although Manny kinda screwed the letters up, I'm sure the cake still tastes good since I refused to be Manny get anywhere near me while baking it," Mel tells Y/n sweetly.

Y/n walks over to them, giving each of them a hug before looking down at the cake. It was a circle, the frosting was poorly distributed and the wording written in blue frosting said "Happy bithday" without the 'r'. Y/n chuckled at the cake before smiling at Manny.

"Let's start with the cake and then go to presents" Owen suggests pulling a pack of makeshift candles out of his pocket.

"How did you guys even get all of this stuff?" Y/n asks as Owen sticks the candles in the cake carefully.

"Well, Abby did most of it. We hit the jackpot at a party store with these party hats and those balloons..." Manny tells Y/n. "Abby deserves most of the credit here"

Y/n turns to look at Abby who was looking down while rubbing the back of her neck smiling slightly.

~

"...Oh my god..." Y/n's mouth fell open before she quickly went behind the wooden pole that Abby was tied to.

She began yanking on the ropes and untying the knot making Abby fall down. Her frail body hit the sand, Abby grunted before she instantly got up and walked over to someone else on the pole in front of her. 
Abby's shoulders were hunched and her leg was slightly being drug as she untyed the person... Y/n didn't look away from Abby as she picked up the person, a kid, in her arms. 
Abby looks at Y/n, stopping before saying.

"There are boats this way" And then walking off.

Y/n watched Abby walk away a foot or two before following behind her. She hadn't seen Abby in two years... she thought she was dead.
Y/n stopped and looked. The sea was in front of them, buried under thick fog. Two boats were there... Abby walked to the left one.

Y/n desperately wanted to go with Abby but she didn't know if she should...

Abby places the person in the boat and begins to get in before turning towards Y/n who stood on the stand, still in shock her childhood best friend was in front of her.

"You can come with us if you'd like" Abby offered, getting into the boat fully.

Y/n's feet carried her to Abby's boat. Y/n sat in the front, and Abby was going to steer the boat. The boy laid in the middle of the boat, knocked out.

Abby started the boat and began to drive off... Leaving that damn camp behind.