(Abby)

Song suggestion: None.

Love interest: Abby.

Warnings: Making out.
(Nothing too awfully major, no worries... It's a fluff chapter :) )

(Y/n note: You will be referred to as a girl throughout this entire chapter so it's targeted to a fem! Y/n)

~

"Come on kiddos" Y/n ushers them in, her long skirt that went down to her mid-calf flowing as she did so.

The little kid's feet hitting the floor sounded like little pats as they walked from one room straight across the hall to the other. Some of them gave Y/n sweet smiles while others simply walked to the other class.
Y/n was one of the best teachers in the WLF base. She taught kindergarten to fifth grade and then after that, they went off to learn basic training to defend WLF. Y/n's mom was a teacher before the outbreak, she taught third grade, when they went to the WLF her mother was done with teaching so Y/n took over.

They'd been with the fireflies since Y/n was young. She taught most of the kids, Abby, Mel, Owen, Manny, and so on and so forth.

Once all the kids were inside the classroom Y/n shut the door. Some of the parents were just dropping off their kids since some kids didn't take science and just learned math. Y/n thought of the classroom as a small dose of normalise outside the classroom was chaos.

"So kiddos! We will be learning subtraction" All the kids groaned.

"Nooo... Wooo! Subtraction can be fun! Let's start off with something simple" Y/n says in a simple but cheery voice.

She grabbed the white chalk on the chalkboard and wrote 2 - 1 = ?

"Any ideas?" Y/n asks looking around the classroom at all their focused faces. "...Okay, so what does 2 plus 1 make?"

"Three" All the kids said at the same time.

"Good... so what happens if we have two-" Y/n raises two fingers. "And we get rid of one?"

One of the girls near the middle raises her little arm. Her long braids flopped everywhere.

"Laura?"

"It's three!"

"No... Remember, we have two and we're getting rid of one..."

"Is it... one?" Laura asks, her eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"Yes!!" Y/n nods happily reaching down in her note pile. "Because you, young lady are so smart you'll be getting a star!"

Y/n had a starboard, each week if someone got an answer they got a star sticker and whoever had the most stars got a prize, whether it was an early release, a toy, or even five minutes of extra free time.

So far, Liam was in the lead, Laura was four stars behind. Y/n stuck the little golden star with a face on it on her chart in her book. When Y/n looked back up she saw Abby standing in the window next to a parent smiling at Y/n.
Her arms were crossed against her chest. Y/n gave Abby a soft smile before going back to teaching the kids.

"Miss. Y/L/N?" One of the little boys asked. "Can I go to the bathroom?

"Sure" Y/n nodded.

From outside Abby watched Y/n, thinking about how beautiful she was. She was so gentle with the kids, even the ones that didn't understand certain stuff. Y/n had such a way with kids, Abby on the other hand hated them, or at least most of them.

Y/n and Abby talked about adopting in the future but Abby was reluctant. But seeing how Abby was with the kids made her want to have a family, but at the same time Abby was gone so much would it really be a family? Plus, Abby fought Scars, and the chances of her dying were a lot more likely, so would it really be fair to the kid or Y/n for that matter?

Once class was dismissed and Y/n let the kids out, some ran to their rooms, and some ran into their parent's arms. Y/n smiled and said goodbye. Once all the parents and kids were gone she noticed one person at the end of the hall resting against the wall.

"How was your day?" Abby asked at the end of the hall.

"Good, why don't you come in? I gotta clean the classroom before I go back home" Y/n hummed.

Abby nodded and walked inside, Y/n shutting the door behind her and shutting the curtains. Abby sat in one of the little chairs, letting out a small yelp when she sat down from how small the chairs were and how far they went down.
Y/n gave Abby a side glance before giggling making Abby look up at her.

"You think that's funny?" Abby's eyes slightly widened and a smile grew on her mouth.

"Yeah," Y/n nodded, still laughing. 

Y/n quickly picked up the papers and pencils that still sat on the desk and quickly rushed up to her desk. She heard Abby's feet shuffling close behind her making her let out a squeal. She set the papers down and spun around quickly Abby was right there as she snaked her arms around Y/n's waist, her skirt soft to the touch.

"You like this is funny?" Abby suddenly began tickling Y/n.

Y/n began laughing, her eyes shut and she tried to push Abby's hands but she couldn't. Abby was gentle as she tickled Y/n. Careful not to scratch her or harm her in any way. Y/n didn't fight as Abby did, she was strong but she was a gentle person.

"No!" Y/n giggled.

"Is this funny? Eh?" The smile on Abby's face hurt her cheeks but she loved it at the same time.

"No! S-stop!" Abby stopped, laughing.

Despite the fact, Abby had stopped tickling Y/n she was still laughing, not as hard. Abby's smile faded as Y/n noticed Abby's eyes bouncing from her lips to her eyes. Suddenly, Abby leaned in and kissed Y/n's soft lips.
Y/n brought her hand up to Abby's rough cheek and kissed back. Abby could taste Y/n's cherry chapstick. The kiss intensified, becoming quicker-paced and not as sweet before they pulled apart.

"I love how we've been dating for years but you still get nervous to kiss me" Y/n smiled, holding a soft eye contact.

"I'm not nervous..." Abby sighs before rubbing the back of her neck.

"Well of course you are" 

"Whatever" Abby smiled.

~

Remember to vote and comment! :)
(Also, I want to thank everyone! This morning I woke up to feeling really sick and pretty down in the dumps but I woke up to 74 reads... As I'm checking now I'm at 85 reads!! That's... crazy, so thank you all soooo much!!)