(Ellie/Dina)

(A/N: I have received multiple comments about people getting spoilers from this imagines book so PLEASE be aware this book contains spoilers for the game!!!)

Song suggestion: The other women by Lana del Rey

Love interest: Dina, Ellie.

Warnings: Arguing.

Y/n's pronouns: She/her

~

Y/n snuck out of the bed, careful not to wake up Dina or JJ who slept soundly. She went downstairs and packed a small backpack in the kitchen. She was careful not to be too loud... but it didn't matter.

Earlier that day Ellie had come by, just before dinner and asked Y/n to help her find Abby, Y/n tried to explain she couldn't do that, she had JJ and Dina to look after but Ellie was desperate... And... for another reason.

As she finished packing her bag, spare food, water bottles, knife, ammo... simple stuff she heard the familiar floorboard squeak. Y/n turned and saw Dina, who looked confused.

"Hey," Dina said 

Y/n stood up, Dina notices her winter coat on and her shoes. Y/n stood there for a second, looking at Dina.

"Hey," Y/n said back.

"...Man, it's been a while since he slept this long, huh?" Dina tried to ease the moment but deep down she was confused.

"He had a day" Y/n agreed.

"Yeah. He's fine" Dina said, suddenly becoming a bit more serious taking steps back and turning around. "Come back to bed. We'll talk about whatever is going on in the morning, okay?"

"I have to help her finish it" Y/n told Dina in a calm tone... almost too calm.

Dina closed her eyes tight, she knew... she knew this would come. Ellie always talked about finishing it, making it right... She just wished her family didn't have to get pulled down into it.

"You don't owe Ellie anything" Dina put her hands on her hips, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"She doesn't sleep... She doesn't even eat when we invite her for dinner" Y/n spoke about Ellie. "She isn't like you, Dina"

"What?" Dina says in disbelief. "You think this is easy? For you and for him I deal with it."

"I love you-"  

"Prove it... stay." Dina tries to convince her. "Stay."

"...I can't let Ellie do it alone"

"So what? I'm supposed to sit here and wait for you, for god knows how long just thinking your dead the entire time?"

"I don't plan on dying"

"Yeah, neither did Jesse, or Joel"

With that she picked up her bag and took a quick step back making Dina panic and rush up to her, placing her warm hands on Y/n's cheeks.

"Hey, come on... We've got a family." Dina explains. 

"Dina..."

"Why are you so adamant about helping her?"

"...Dina, I love her" Y/n reveals. "...I love you too but..."

Dina takes a step away, her hands slowly moving down from in the air.

"No..." Dina whimpers.

"I love you and JJ... so much... but I love Ellie too" Y/n let a tear fall down her cheek.

Dina turns away, refusing to let Y/n to see her tears.

"I never cheated... I never did that."

"I should've known" Dina shakes her head. "You never looked at me the way you looked at her..."

"I'm sorry Dina" Y/n lowered her head. "If I let her go alone... she'll die"

Y/n stood there in shame, the silence was loud and uncomfortable... Y/n could hear Dina's soft sniffling as she cried.

"I'm not doing this" Dina told Y/n.

"That's up to you," Y/n tells her.

Dina's fist tightens under her nose as tears pour down her nose. Y/n put the backpack on her back and left through the back door making. Ellie waited on one of Jackson's horses, out in the field in front of the house. 
Ellie smiled at Y/n and offered her a hand which she accepted, Y/n hopped on the back of horse with Ellie's help.

"Ready?" Ellie asks Y/n.

Y/n takes one last glance at the house before telling her yes. The horse ran off with Ellie and Y/n on the back of it.

While they ran off Dina realized what she had done. She rushes out the back door where Y/n had left moments later. She loved Y/n, so much... more than anyone else in the world, JJ and Y/n were head and head, she couldn't let her go without working it out, or telling her she loved her.

As she watched Y/n leave on the house as she screamed for her to wait she realized that was it... There was no fixing it, no saving what they once had...

~

I'M SO SORRY... I WAS IN A REALLY SAD MOOD WHEN I WROTE THIS AND NEEDED TO WRITE SOMETHING SAD SINCE I'VE BEEN DOING SOME FLUFF CHAPTERS RECENTLY.

2/17/2023