six

FACETIME

trevor

Accept       Decline

"Hello?" I mutter, hoping I did actually accept whoever the fuck is calling me before noon on a Sunday.

"Don't sound too excited."

"Z, it's so early."

He laughs. Yeah. Laughs. "It's ten!"

"Okay?"

"Just come open the door, Teag."

"What are you talking about?" The words are definitely a grumble as I unplug my phone and crawl out of bed at the same time. Come open the door? Just come open the door? God. No warning, no nothing. And he expects me to open the door?

He hangs up as I swing the front door open. His smile is way too genuine looking for it being ten in the morning on a Sunday. Though, the coffee in his hand looks quite inviting. Even more so when he holds it out to me. This is something I could get used to.

"Nice jammies," he says, walking right past me the moment I take the cup from his hand.

An old pair of basketball shorts and what I think is one of Sunny's old shirts make up my very chic, very cool, and very comfy pajamas. I could have chosen a cute set if I had even considered a surprise visit being on the itinerary this morning but here we are.

Z laughs once I join him in the kitchen. Yeah. Laughs. "Not a morning person?"

"It's a Sunday."

"I know that."

"I'll get a bit more chipper. Give it a moment. A warning would have been great at speeding up the process though."

"I sent you like a million texts." He shrugs from the seat he took on one of the stools.

Sure enough, my phone has at least a dozen texts from him telling me he's coming over with a coffee. Ooh, a few from Sunny too.

* * *

sunspot
hey
mira won't answer but i have money
i owe her and she never unblocked
me on venmo after i tried paying her
back for lunch one day
i'll be over in a bit

tenfold
trevor's here

sunspot
im literally walking up right now
hope you two are decent

* * *

Not a second later, the front door opens and closes and Spencer is waltzing in. Am I the only one with a hatred of specifically Sunday mornings? Is this a me thing? It's Sunday! A day of relaxation. Wake up in the afternoon and maybe day drink a tiny little bit. It's a Sunday. Only people that get up early on Sunday are going to church and it should stay that way.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I say.

Sunny rolls his eyes because he's experienced enough early weekends with me to know it's not genuine. He ends up taking a seat to the left of Trevor. "I have a key, I don't have to knock."