Wattpad Original

22

Sebastian

"How did it go?" Max appeared the moment Sweet left to take a brief rest in her suite room.

"It was great," I answered, pressing my lips together to hold my smile.

"Obviously. You looked happy."

"I held her hand," I said and my grin went wider.

"Hmm, you did that before," he looked puzzled, "I was a witness when you shook hands to seal your deal."

"It was different this morning. I felt some kind of magic when we held hands."

"Magic?" he chuckled, "That sounds romantic. I heard nothing like that from you ever before. Does that mean that you're falling for her?"

A loud bell snapped in my head. A warning that I was heading to the danger zone again. Max had a good way of reminding me often to keep on the right track.

Feeling guarded suddenly, I answered.

"Nope, that would never happen, Max. Once this deal is over, we're done. I'm just making the most of it."

"But admit it, you like her."

"Who wouldn't?" I shrugged my shoulders. "She's smart, beautiful, and confident. I enjoy her company, that's all. I'm still focused on my goal, that is to clean my image in order to get the CEO role and give Sweet a taste of her own medicine."

"Are you sure you'll still be able to go through with it now that you know her better?" his eyebrows rose.

Dammit, he was right. Now, I'm unsure if I could pull it through. I tend to forget about my revenge plan whenever I'm with her.

"Of course I can. There's no doubt about that."

"If you say so," his eyebrows furrowed, "but sorry to say this boss, you seemed like you can't even get enough of her. A whole day that includes dinner sounded so eager for me."

"Come on, I'm just following what my gut told me. I admit, I'm very interested in her. The more I spend time with her, the more this ick inside me gets satisfied. Then Voila! I'm over her."

"I see," he nodded, "you're almost done with the first month, and two left in this dating deal. Do you think that's enough to get over this, um...ick?"

I chuckled and assured him, "that's more than enough."

Going to the Stavrakos Island Beach Resort Hotel also means business. While Sweet was taking an hour's rest, I freshen up quickly and had a brief meeting with the hotel manager in the lobby. He gave the upcoming events they planned to draw more tourists.

"By the way sir, your friend, Tucker Mills was here this morning. He brought a female friend with him," the hotel manager informed me, "they went sightseeing with the other tourists, pretty sure they're back by now."

What the hell! Of all times, Tucker has to come while I'm on a date.

"Hey Seb! I know you'd be here. Surprise!"

Tucker arrived in the lobby, just when I was done with my meeting. This guy really had good timing. To my utmost surprise, he was with a familiar woman walking beside him.

"Hey, Tuck. What are you doing here?" I said between gritted teeth. I could not hide my annoyance.

"You're always so busy working, so I come here to bring you the fun!" he leaned closer and whispered to me, "I brought Candace with me. I know you two can't wait to get your hands on each other."

"What the fuck are you thinking, man," I slammed a hand on his shoulder making him flinch, then I turned at the woman with a flirty 'come and get me' smile.