Wattpad Original

27

Sebastian

Saturday morning, I woke up early. I could not wait to see Sweet. To pass the time, I went to the shooting range.

"No Sweet today, huh?" Marvin asked when we were getting ready to fire our shotguns.

I smiled at the mention of Sweet, "she's helping her brother move in in his dorm this morning. He's new to college and needs guidance in settling in. I won't be long though, I'll meet her at lunch."

I don't know why I need to explain and announce my date with her, when I could have just answered yes or no in his question.

"I see," he nodded, giving me an amused expression, "getting serious, eh?"

"Mm... seriously dating. She's not my girlfriend," I chuckled smugly, "you know me, I never do girlfriends."

"Oh, yeah. That's your golden rule," he shook his head, and talked in a sing-song manner, "that's too bad."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't be too confident in girls nowadays," he lifted the corner of his lips, "they're dating you now, dotting on you... and if you make a wrong move, she's out of your grasp."

My forehead furrowed at the thought of Sweet leaving me for another guy - particularly to her ex-boyfriend.

But I remembered the dating deal.

"Ah– she won't," I shook my head and grinned smugly, "right, Max?"

"Yeah... yeah. She's yours for the next two months," Max agreed without thinking. His concentration was loading a magazine in his shotgun, "come on, let's fire this baby."

"I'm ready...just waiting here," Marvin positioned himself in the range.

The topic about Sweet died, but it continued to linger in my mind. Max reminding me of dating Sweet for only two months brought a stabbing ache in my chest. It bothered me so much that I could not concentrate.

I positioned myself in the firing range and aimed at the target. My thoughts were at Sweet with her ex-boyfriend. After two months, she'd be free to date him and they'd be happy together.

Just the thought of it brought anger within me.

Fucking shit! I remembered seeing them hugged each other last night. What if the media saw them and thought that she might leave me for that bastard?

He couldn't wait to take my place and had the nerve to ask her out last night in front of my face.

Dammit. I can't let that happen. I need to try harder to get closer to Sweet and make this dating deal so real. Because my revenge will fail if she falls for that guy.

I fired rapidly at the target without breaks.

"Hey...hey..." Marvin tapped my back, "take it easy."

I removed my safety glasses and earmuffs. Feeling extremely irritable and wound up. I was overthinking when I shouldn't be. I have to leave before my brain explodes.

"Max, let's go."

"Too soon?" he asked, but followed me out of the range anyway, "are you okay?"

I stood in the broad sunlight, breathing the fresh air. I put my hands inside my pockets then turned to him.

"I like Sweet and thinking of the two months left, upsets me."

"Sorry boss for reminding you. It's not my intention to upset you," Max slightly shook his head.

"Tell me honestly, Max. Do you think I'll tire of her in the next two months?"

"Hmm, I'm not an expert on dating, I rarely have the time. But I think you'll have enough of her easily when you let go of your inhibitions. Forget the dating deal and go with the flow. Date her naturally like any guy would do."