Wattpad Original

86

Sweet

Three hours later, I was still at the lobby of the Dreamer's Publishing house, waiting for the courier's van to arrive.

"They'll drop it off in the evening. It usually shows up around seven or eight." The middle-aged guard said firmly.

Great.

It was already nine and the courier van still hadn't shown up. I was tired and hungry. The last time I ate was at eleven, when I grabbed an egg sandwich from a convenient store on my way to the city.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. Can you ask the courier guy to hold the package?"

The guard pressed his lips together and shook his head.

"Sorry, miss. I don't have the power to give orders. Besides, the delivery guy goes up to the top floor and drops off the documents at the Senior Head Publisher's office."

The information made my shoulders drop. That means I'm stuck here in hunger until the courier shows up.

"Is there any cafeteria here or a food vending machine? I'm starving."

"There is, but it's closed now."

I sighed and shut my eyes, attempting to take a power nap to get my energy back. Maybe I'd forget my hunger too.

"Hey, miss."

I opened my eyes and saw the guard standing right in front of me. It startled me how near he was.

"Here, take it. My wife made this chicken sandwich." He gave me an aluminum wrapped sandwich.

"Oh. But what about you?"

"I had a massive afternoon snack. I'm stuffed. I can go without dinner." He shrugged.

"Thank you so much. This means a lot to me."

"Go ahead, eat." Finally, he smiled. "You can grab some water in a water dispensing machine near the elevator."

I happily ate the sandwich and complimented his wife for making a delicious chicken sandwich.

He introduced himself as Brent Wallace. Then he talked about his wife, who practiced cooking and baking by watching YouTube videos. He told me about their love story and the secret of a good marriage - trust, respect, communication, honesty, support and encourage each other, and then, there's forgiveness.

He was right. Bearing those qualities was the key ingredient that Sebastian and I needed to cultivate a relationship that would last a lifetime.

I was so into his story that I didn't even see the courier van pulled up in front of the building.

I was so happy to see Cheng enter the building. He was carrying a load of parcels in his arms.

"Oh no. It's you again!" He tried to steer clear of me and ended up dropping everything on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, Cheng," I apologized to him and got my manuscript. I hurriedly dashed out of the building and hopped into my pickup.

Getting my manuscript is a relief though, but still it doesn't put an end to my worries. I have to sort out the most crucial thing first, because my future's happiness relies on it.

Sebastian

I couldn't reach Sweet on her phone. I tried calling and texting her, but no response. Then it hits me. Her phone was completely dead before.

I was so frustrated and about to call Max when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

It was my butler, saying I've got a guest.