Wattpad Original

25

Sebastian

As Luna and I walked up to the stage to claim the award, something pulled me like a magnet to look at my right. I turned and instantly, my eyes locked at a pair of sea-green eyes at a distance.

Sweet?

I stopped breathing for a moment. It was Sweet, looking so beautiful like a shining star in her beige strapless gown. Her hair combed at the side, revealing the creamy expanse of her neck and shoulders.

I thought I was dreaming. I had to blink several times to make sure that she was real. She had been the product of my imaginations lately; I was not sure anymore what's real and not.

Dammit. Why didn't it occur to me we would attend the same event? We could have come together.

Then I saw the young man sitting beside her. My lips pressed together as disappointment overwhelmed me.

"Hey, congratulations. You did it again." A man, one of our business competitors, grabbed my hand for a handshake. It diverted my attention from Sweet. Followed by some men and women who congratulated us.

"That's Sweet Treble, right?" Luna asked when we continued to go up the stage. I nodded, and she asked, "why didn't you come together?"

"I didn't know that she's coming," my lips twisted, "dammit, and she even came with a date."

She chuckled, "before you get all mad and jealous, can't you see the resemblance? That big-headed obnoxious idiot is her brother!"

"Her brother?" My eyebrows rose.

I looked at Sweet and to the young man. Luna could be right, though. Sweet mentioned she has a brother named Colton.

"No doubt."

I sighed with relief. I was glad she came with her brother, not with her ex-boyfriend. But what surprised me was Luna's reaction at the mention of the guy.

"Do you know her brother?"

She frowned and rolled her eyes, "nope. Why would I?"

"Hmm... I just wonder," I said, as we continued to walk to the podium, "your description of him was not so nice."

"I'm not in my best mood tonight," she hissed, "I warned you all that I'd have my period today. I have to go down to the ground floor to get a sanitary napkin and now, I have this stomach cramps. I should have stayed home."

"Is your stomach now in your hand?" I asked when she was rubbing her hand.

"Um..." she looked at her hand, and I couldn't help but notice her swollen knuckles.

"What happened?"

"Nothing," she put her hand on her back, "I hit an obnoxious, arrogant... gorilla inside the elevator."

"A what?"

"Never mind." She walked slowly, and pushed me forward, "pull yourself together. You'll do the acceptance speech, not me. I hate to be the center of attention."

After Mr. Eros Petrakis handed me the award, I stood in front of the podium to give my speech. My eyes lingered at Sweet, admiring her beauty before I looked at the other guests inside the grand ballroom.

Oh, fuck! My hand grasped the plaque tightly as I saw a familiar face in the event.

It was Sweet's ex-boyfriend.

***

Sweet

"Oh great! That wild girl is your lover boy's sister!" Colton balled his fist, "no wonder, they shared the same... evil personality."