Chapter 12: Can of worms.

Iyana's POV

My phone rings again and i ignore it. "There is no point in avoiding that person." says Bokang (P.A). "There is a point. This person must just get the message that I'm not interested in answering their calls so they must leave me alone." I say. It rings again and i fight the urge to throw it against the wall. If it wasn't expensive and useful I would have thrown it against the wall.

"Hello." I greet. "Iyana kunini ngikufonela." says ma. (I've been calling you.) "I haven't noticed." "Uright?" (Are you okay?) "I'm so happy like this is the happiest I've been since I was born." "Can we please talk swana lami." (my baby.) "There is nothing to talk about ma." "Ngiyakucela." (Please.) "Cha ma. I want nothing to do with you guys. I told you that if you agree to this shazam you cutting me out of your lives permanently."

"Iyana please sthandwa sami." she begs and i sigh. I hate hearing my mother beg. (my love.) "When?" I ask. "Whenever you available." "I'm not available anytime soon." "Okay then this weekend." "I don't know if i have plans." "Please can we meet this weekend. We really need to talk." "I'll think about it." "Its fine by me. Get back to me and let me know if you can." "Fine." I drop the phone and sigh.

"Are you okay?" she asks. "I could be better." I answer. "Askies love. Meet up with her and give her a chance to explain her side of the story." (Sorry.) "Thing is there is no side. All they trying to do is earn my forgiveness and we must play happy family again." "Eish but hear them out." "I will try." She smiles.

"Let me love you and leave you. I have a lot of work to do." she says. "Okay love thanks for the lunch." I say. "Its your turn next time." "Looks like I need to start ghosting more people." She laughs. "Don't even think about it cause i will find you and you will pay." We laugh. She gets up and leaves and i continue with my work.

I have a lot of work to catch up on and I'm not about to take another leave for the next couple of months. I've travelled enough this past month and it's not like i enjoyed each and every of the travels. Each one of them made me more miserable than the last. I think that's how the universe likes seeing me, miserable.

£

"But then Nkosinathi I am more than capable of driving myself." I say. "Iyana I said this car thing is not up for debate. If you don't want your car to sit and catch dust sell it and i already told you to readjust your meetings." he says. "Mara why?" "It's for your own safety." "What safety manje. I already know how to defend myself." "I know that but please just listen to me. This will end soon." 

This car argument has been going on since we got back and I'm not willing to drop this thing until I get a clear explanation as to why we are sharing a car when I have my own and i am more than capable of driving. "I don't want you to bring this matter up again.  I'm sick of listening to the same thing over and over again if I wanted to listen to the same thing over and over again I would listen to the radio not you." he says.