xxxvi. my brain is exploding

Since they started dating, Wyn and Trevor hadn't spent too much time apart other than when he had to be on the road for his games. If he was in California, they were at one of their two places. Violet and Graham had met him in person and it had gone so well, Wyn was glad that it was more like her and Violet on a date while the two guys were together as well. And all of his teammates treat her like they've been dating for years, all the wives and girlfriends have happily accepted her into the fold. Griffin had met her at the birthday party they held here in California and the two of them had instantly clicked, both of them feeling like they'd gained a new sibling.

The hockey season is almost over and their plans are currently up in the air for the off season, knowing he wants to go visit his mom family in New York and Brody wants to come visit them in California. She doesn't have much tying her to one spot at the moment, so she's happy to follow him if he wants her to. Blue and Juice are used to road trips and plane rides anyways, so it wouldn't be all that hard for them to do so. Sage can stay with Graham and Violet if need be (as well as the dogs, actually).

"Ready for this?" Violet asks from beside her, both girls looking out at the ice.

"I'm so gonna fall on my ass," she admits, wincing and looking down at her untied skates. "I can't even tie my own skates properly."

"Lucky for you, you have a hockey player boyfriend who will do it for you," he says as he lifts one of her feet for her, having snuck up on them.

She watches in admiration as he ties her skate, snapping a couple pictures of him for later. Before putting the phone away, she sends them all to him as well. Then she just admired the fact that she really is just the luckiest girl ever to have him, as he always treats her with the utmost respect and obviously adores her right back. Obviously, everyone that spends any time around them can see that. Once he's done, he straightens up and holds a hand out to her.

"Ready?" he asks, smiling widely at her.

She nods, taking his hand and lacing their fingers together, "Yes."

And so he helps her get onto the ice. She's a little unsteady at first, but he uses his own strength to keep her from falling. Violet shows quite the talent of ice skating, twisting around and skating backwards every so often to shoot Wyn looks as if saying "just tell him you love him already". Graham makes jokes, following his girlfriend, and enjoying himself.

There's just once where she almost falls that he catches her, but it still just knocks the both of them off their feet and onto the ice. He takes the brunt of the fall, letting her land on top of him, making her wince at the thought of her weight squishing him before remembering men weighing a lot more than her have pushed him around on the ice and he can handle that so she would do nothing to him.

        "Thank you for trying to catch me," she laughs, pushing herself up and smiling down at him from atop.

         "Always," he says sweetly, reaching up to fiddle with her hair. "No matter what, sweet cheeks."

         "You're the best, hot shot," she whispers, leaning down to kiss him.

         He uses one of his hands to hold her head in place, deepening the kiss. This continues until they're sprayed by ice from Violet's skate, her skidding to a stop next to them to do so. Trevor laughs, pulling away from her and getting to his feet before offering a hand to his girlfriend and pulling her back up to their feet.

The four of them continue to skate for the rest of the hour Trevor had rented out the rink. There's lots of laughter but no more spills, thankfully, and Wyn even manages to skate on her own for a few minutes thanks to Trevor's teaching. By the time their time is wrapping up, Wyn is in desperate need of a hot chocolate and to get back out into the warmth of the California sun instead of the chilly temperature of the ice rink. As if he understands her better than she understands herself, Trevor directs her to the bench and takes the skates off her feet before giving her a quick kiss and wrapping a blanket he had brought around her shoulders.