CHAPTER 13

Alex's pov:

"What?!" "Spill it now."
"Why are we here?" Sophia said in an irritated tone.

We're in the restaurant since an hour but we didn't said a word. I have to convince her now. This has to end. Either in a good way or worst.

I have to do it today. Now.

I held her hand tightly. She looked confused.

"Please Sophia!! I'm begging you. Leave us alone. Don't tell her anything. I'll tell her everything when the right time comes. But please until then stay away from us." I said while sobbing.

"B-but--"

"I love her. Please!!"

"Alex!" Her voice softened.
"I know you love her that's why I'm saying this to stay away from her. She doesn't deserve you."

"Why are you here again? You're just making things worse for me." I said looking directly into her eyes.
I need an answer now. Why is she here? She cheated me, I didn't cheat her. Then why is she trying to enter in my life again?

"Because I love y--"

"No lies please!!" I cut her off.

"Huh?! Okay!!" She shifted on her chair more relaxing.
"I don't want to see you happy. Because you don't deserve happiness. You're just a filthy shit. I loved Liam but he left me because of you. He broke up with me the day I asked you to break up."

"Because of me?"

"Yes, because of you. You're just unlucky for me. You're even more worse than that word."

"That doesn't even make sense. You're--"
She cut me off

"Yes, I'm not in my mind right now. right? But I'm not wrong."

Yes, she's not wrong. I don't deserve Hazel. I don't even deserve a single drop of love. I shouldn't even start that fuckin game. It's all my fault not her.

"She doesn't deserve you. She deserves someone better, someone who can make her happy. I don't have any problem with her. She's a nice girl but you're not."
"Imagine, if she'll know about your intentions, will she accept you?"

"But I love her. She's not a game for me. I LOVE HER." I broke down in the middle of my sentence.

"But she was a game. This all started with a lie. Think about it!! Do you really want her to be with someone like you. Unlucky! Liar!"
"Well I'm done now. Do whatever you want. I'll go from your life and never come back again after the graduation."
She stood up and started to leave from the restaurant.

He's a liar. He cheated my mom.

I can handle anything, anything. But not a liar. I hate liars.

"Yes, you're right. I don't deserve her. I'll leave her. But what should I do now?" I said loudly because she's five feets away from me.

She turned to look at me. And smiled.

"I've a brilliant plan!!"

______________________________________

Hazel's pov:

Today's my birthday. And I arranged a party at my apartment. I'm celebrating my birthday for the first time in my life. I finally found my happiness. My Alex.

It's evening and time for the party. But he hasn't wished me yet. Our studies will be completed after a month. I want to celebrate it to the fullest.

Everyone is here now. I greeted everyone Emma, Ric and all of my classmates. They wished me happy birthday. But my eyes are still finding someone. He's not here yet. He's my date today and he's late.

"Ahh!! Alex is her--" Emma stopped in the middle of her sentence.
I turned to see Alex.

What? What is she doing with Alex with her arms around him?
I gasped and tried to reach towards them.

"Happy birthday Hazel." Said Alex with a straight face.

"Uh?! Um.. Thank you!!"

"Happy birthday beautiful!!" Said Sophia smiling from ear to ear. Her eyes telling me that "yeaahh I win." But I'm not sure yet.

I ignored her and turned again to face Alex.
"Alex!! I need to talk to you." I said. My tone is demanding.

"No."

"W-What?" I flinched.
Why is he so rude today? Let me think whether I have done something wrong. But it's my birthday today. And I haven't done anything wrong as far as I can remember.

I held his hand but he jerked my hand away.
I flinched again.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he shouted and now everyone is looking at us. Sophia is still smiling. I hate her.

"What are you doing Alex?" I heard Ric said to him.
I let out an awkward laugh. Embarassed.

"Uh! It's nothing, Ric."
"Alex! We need a talk." I said to Alex.

"No! We don't." He said immediately.
"Well.. I guess we need a talk. I must clear your misunderstandings."

"Misunderstandings?"
What is he saying? I don't want drama. I don't like pranks. If he's pranking me, I wish he'd stop. Because I might cry if he doesn't.

"Yes, misunderstandings that you're not the one for him. I'm his girlfriend. He loves me. Are you clear now?" Sophia interrupted between us.

I looked at Alex in the hope that he would stop her and shut her up.
I put my hand on my chest and my heart is beating really really fast. I want to hear his answer but a part of me doesn't want him to answer.

"Yes!!" Alex said finally after few seconds.
I gasped.
"Yes, she's my girlfriend. You're not. That was just a game. I just wanted to have some fun with you. This all started with a game, a lie. I-- uh!-- I DON'T LOVE YOU."

"ALEX!!" Ric shouted.
Emma's behind him, still processing what's happening here.

"Stop it right now!! Alex, let's talk in private." Ric said holding his arm.

"I'm leaving now!! And I guess I made it clear now." He said while leaving with her.

"Alex!"
He stopped but didn't turn.
"That was all a prank? Right? You're just teasing me? Stop it now!! I know you're lying."

"No, I'm not. Stop dreaming!" He said without looking.

And then he left.

I broke down on my knees and started crying. Emma and Ric are hugging me but I'm feeling alone. I need just one person to hug me right now. Alex.

Worst birthday ever. Worst birthday gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!! How're you all?

I'm planning to make this story a sad ending. What do you think about this?