chapter -11

Dwani pov

These days, my schedule is quite packed. After finishing college, I head straight to work. Today, on my way to the job, I thought of calling my uncle from the orphanage. I stopped by a telephone booth and dialed his number, but unfortunately, he didn't pick up. Feeling a little disappointed, I decided to head back to the restaurant where I work part-time.

As I entered the restaurant, I noticed it was bustling with customers. Quickly, I made my way to the dressing room and changed into my waitress uniform. I started serving tables, taking orders, and ensuring the customers had a pleasant dining experience. It was a busy and tiring day, but I managed to get through it.

When the shift was over, I changed back into my regular clothes and prepared to leave for home. However, as I closed the restaurant door, I spotted Vedant sir standing near the parking area. Curious, I walked over to him, and he asked me for my mobile number. I hesitated for a moment and replied that I didn't have a mobile phone.

Surprisingly, he asked me to get into his car. Confused about the sudden turn of events, I complied, and we started driving. I noticed that we were taking a different route than usual. Curiosity got the better of me, and I asked Vedant sir where we were going. He remained silent, not giving away any information. Eventually, the car came to a stop near a mobile shop, and Vedant sir went inside and purchased a mobile phone for me.

I expressed my gratitude but also confessed that I didn't know how to use it. Vedant sir kindly took the time to teach me the basics of operating a mobile phone. I was grateful for his patience and willingness to help me learn. Excited about my new device, I asked if I could call my orphanage uncle using this phone, to which Vedant sir replied affirmatively. I quickly provided him with my uncle's number.

After a few rings, my uncle finally answered the call. We had a brief conversation, but suddenly, I could hear him coughing vigorously on the other end of the line. Worried, I asked one of the children at the orphanage about my uncle's condition. They informed me that he had been unwell for the past few days. I urged them to take care of him and provided them with the new phone number, instructing them to call me if anything happened.

I thanked Vedant sir for his kind gesture of providing me with a new phone. No one had ever done something so thoughtful for me as an orphan. My feelings for him grew stronger in that moment. Vedant sir then mentioned that there was a party arranged by the students after two days at the clubhouse. I nodded in agreement, excited about the prospect of attending a party. It would be my first-ever party, let alone in a clubhouse. I couldn't help but feel thrilled at the idea of enjoying myself and letting loose.

Once I reached home, I took care of some chores like washing my clothes and spent some time studying. Eventually, I couldn't resist the temptation of my new mobile phone. I played around with it, taking various photos of myself in different positions. It made me feel like a carefree kid, enjoying the newfound technology and capturing moments of joy.

Overall, it had been an eventful day filled with surprises, kindness, and excitement. Little did I know that more adventures and experiences awaited me in the coming days.

Vedant pov

Today, I decided to visit Dwani's house, hoping to catch up with her. However, to my disappointment, she wasn't home. I started thinking about getting her number so I could call and ask if she was available. With that idea in mind, I headed to the restaurant where Dwani works. The place was bustling with customers, so I didn't want to disturb her.

Around 9 o'clock, Dwani finally came out of the restaurant. She noticed me and approached me. Surprised to see her, she asked me why I was there. I explained that I just wanted to check up on her and asked for her number. To my astonishment, she said she didn't have a mobile phone. It struck me as odd because even kids nowadays have mobile phones. Determined to change that, I decided to buy her one.

I asked Dwani to get in the car, and we drove to a nearby mobile phone shop. If I had asked her directly, she probably would have refused, so I took the initiative and purchased a phone of my choice. I handed it to her, and she seemed grateful. However, she confessed that she didn't know how to use a mobile phone. I patiently taught her the basics, and she caught on quickly.

Then, Dwani asked me if she could call her uncle from the orphanage using the new phone. I nodded in agreement, and she retrieved a number from her purse. After a few rings, her uncle answered, and she had a heartwarming conversation with him and the other children from the orphanage.

Later, I informed Dwani about a party that we, the students, had organized at the club house. She had already taken leave from the restaurant, so I told her that the party would be held in two days. She nodded, indicating her interest in attending. With that settled, I said my goodbyes and headed home.

Upon entering the house, I found my parents deeply engrossed in a serious discussion. Curious, I inquired about what was going on. They informed me that my uncle's who is like a brother to my father his parents died when he was young from then onwards he is living with my parents and my grand parents consider him as their son . His birthday was in two days, and they planned to visit him in America to celebrate. They seemed concerned about leaving me alone since I preferred not to eat outside food. However, I reassured them that I had Dwani, who cooked delicious and mouthwatering meals. Their worries eased, and they left for their trip, leaving me in good hands.

Plz vote