Guardian

...

Third Person P.O.V

Children laugh as they play, running to meet with the other kids.

"Hey, let me ask you," Olaf looks between the children as they watch him in awe, a girl grabbing his arm. "How do you guys cope with the ever-increasing complexity of the thought that comes with maturity?"

A girl takes his nose, shoving it in her nose and allowing it to dangle as she turns with a giggle.

"Brilliant!" Olaf gasps with a smile as another girl shoves his arm through his head with a laugh. "It's so refreshing to talk to the youth of today."

A boy takes his arm, taking his foot and using the arm to hold it as he tries to bite it, a girl taking his other foot and licking it as another girl shoves his nose in his head.

"Oh, no, no, no. Don't chew that." Olaf quickly says as the boy stops. "You don't know what I've stepped in."

The girl's tongue sticks to his foot, making her mumble as she sways it around.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"So... You're... Guardian of the Spirits?" I question, Yelena sipping on her tea as she sits in front of me and Elson.

"Well," Yelena pauses, setting her drink down. "I was. It was my job as Guardian of the people," she explains, sighing. "Until they became enraged and their behavior unpredictable. Their anger is great, and their pain just. I cannot talk to them or protect them as I used to. They attack blindly and without hesitation, and seem to target me because they can sense me more than the others."

"Sense you? How?"

"They are Spirits," Yelena sighs. "Their abilities are incredible, and their powers mystical and strange. They can sense me because I have a stronger connection to them than others."

She looks at me and takes my hands, "just as they can sense you, my grandchild. They can see you are of my blood, and target you."

Elson gasps lightly, placing his arm around my shoulders, his grip slightly tight.

"Target me...?" I question, gasping as I remember the two spirits

"That must be why the Fire Spirit was chasing you... And why the Wind Spirit was trying to pull you from me," Elson realizes, narrowing his eyes and glancing down.

Yelena nods in agreement, "yes. I know not what they hope to gain in destroying us... But anger can blind the wisest of souls. So you must be careful, (Y/N)."

"I will protect her," Elson quickly replies in a firm voice, making Yelena look at him with a small smile.

"I know you will."

I smile before sighing, shaking my head with a determined look, "I promise, Elson and I will put things right again."

"We will." Elson agrees, "we've already calmed the Wind and Fire Spirit. Maybe we can do the same for Earth and Water so they'll go back to normal."

"Exactly!" I grin, jumping up in excitement. "We can do this!"

Yelena and Elson chuckle at my enthusiasm, Elson rising to his feet with a smile.

"I will have Honeymaren show you around the camp," Yelena stands, and we exit her tent. "Feel free to explore, but as I said before, be careful. These woods aren't safe."

"I have nothing to fear with '(Y/N) the Guardian' protecting me," Elson jokes with a small smile, making me snort as Yelena chuckles in amusement.

She waves Honeymaren over, smiling softly.