Chapter 59

He couldn't stop her from moving closer to him and started to feel the heat, but he was not a savage who would take advantage of a person who was not in a clear conscience. He immediately rolled her over to lay on her other side and tried to continue to push her away, but she still had her hand latched onto his arm. Now his arm was over her body with her back facing him. He tried to pull his arm away, but she gritted in anger and pulled it back to her chest.

"Alright, Alright. I'll let you have my arm. Just don't move back and stick close to me," he softly coaxed. He sighed in relief as they had a distance between them. Even though it was small, it was a distance. However, it didn't take too long for another problem to appear. Xiaomei once again nuzzled her face against his hand before falling asleep, but ZhangWei could feel her warm buns on her chest against his arm.

He tightened his lips together before saying in a low voice, "Has the cat turned into a sly fox." He started chanting inner peace before he soon drifted into sleep.

______
The morning arrived, and the sun was up. The light shone through the window and irritated Xiaomei's eyes. Even though the light was bugging her, it was not as worse as the agonizing pain her head was pounding into her.

"Ugh," she groaned in pain and forced her eyes open. Her hands started to rub her forehead to help ease the throbbing pain. She doesn't recall getting drunk that easily. She usually can drink a lot of alcohol and wouldn't get drunk. She was certain she had a high tolerance to alcohol since she and Jianyu, along with her other coworkers, would drink until midnight.

"Maybe this body has a low tolerance for alcohol," she thought, enduring the hangover. She tried to think about what happened last night, but she felt a strong pain in her head and couldn't remember anything. Her brain was completely blanking out. She didn't remember a single thing. When she tried to think harder, her memories became a big blur with a shot of pain in her head.
She groaned again before sitting up and looking at her surroundings as she found herself all alone in an unfamiliar bed.
"This isn't my room? Isn't this ZhangWei-," The door opened and entered ZhangWei.

"You are awake," ZhangWei said with a small bowl in his hand.
She wanted to say something, but he reached her and said, "Here, have some soup to help with your hangover." He handed her the bowl of soup in her hands.

"Thank you," she said, quiet as a mouse. She felt his gaze staring at her as if she had done something to him, but she doesn't remember what she had done. So, she quietly ate the soup with her head down.

He could tell how nervous she was, but his heart was still a little bitter. "So who is Jianyu?" he asked in a deadly tone. Once she heard that name, she immediately choked on the soup. She started coughing and avoided his gaze. "H-how does he know that name? D-did I say something last night? I-I can't remember," Xiaomei nervously thought.

"J-Jianyu?" she said slowly and settled. "Who's that?" she said with her voice doing a soft squeak at the end of her sentence. He just gave out a smile that brought chills down her back.

"Oh, so you don't know anyone named Jianyu?" he said in a low voice.

"Of course not," she said calmly. He immediately lowered his gaze at her as she could sense she was in trouble.
"Well, look at the time. I should head back to my room and take a bath," she said, getting up from bed and setting the bowl aside.
He did a quiet chuckle only for himself to hear as he saw how antsy she was as if it was a cat taking a bath. The tiny bitterness he had vanished in thin air as he smiled at her. "Don't worry, I got some water ready for you to bathe and clothes for you to change to," he said.
She looked at him and noticed how he was enjoying himself. She realized how he was playing with her. "Is that so," she said in an unfriendly tone.

"Weren't you in a hurry?" he said with a smile. She wanted to rebuke him, but she held her temper as he held the cards. He must have said Jianyu's name for a reason. She must have said something last night, but since she couldn't remember anything, it was best to keep quiet and hope he doesn't bring anything up.

She watched him cautiously at first but then started to think about what she did last night before slowly entering the washroom. His smile broadened brighter as he watched her try to think so hard to herself. He knew she didn't remember anything just by the way she acted.

It didn't take her long to take a bath and get changed. Once she exited and returned back to his room. She almost choked on her own saliva when she noticed that she was wearing a light purple lilac color while he was wearing a dark royal purple as if they were wearing compromising colors.

Before she could say a word, he said, "Let's go on a stroll." He grabbed her hand and tried to lead her, but she didn't move as if she was too distracted looking at their hands together. She didn't expect him to take hold of her hand.
He smiled, noticing how she was looking at their hands together. "Oh, that reminds me. Last night-" he tried to say but was interrupted by her.

"Didn't you say you wanted to go for a walk? Let's go," she rapidly said, hoping to avoid anything about last night since she had no memory whatsoever as she tightened her grip on his hand and quickly dragged him out the door.
ZhangWei instantly followed her with a remarkable smile on his face as if he wanted to laugh out loud but sweetly endured