001. | move it or lose it

ava - famy ❛my conscience burning my eyes are too cuddled up with a heart condemned i should love you and i swear i do

ava - famy
my conscience burning
my eyes are too
cuddled up with a heart condemned
i should love you and i swear i do.

( PAST )

( PAST )

PLYMOUTH, MICHIGAN.

JANE ran through her house, jumping past her mom who jumped at the sight of her daughter. she was sprinting, sliding on the hardwood in her socks. a big smile was plastered on her lips, her brown hair in a loose braid that had already fallen out. "slow down!" her mom shouted, slowly making her way into the kitchen.

"sorry sorry!" she grabbed her bag, her shoes, her jacket. "no later than ten jane!" her mom yelled but jane already shut the front door.

she ran across the lawn, her toes already beginning to freeze. "move it or loose it koda!" jack stuck his head out the driver side window, the brunette giggling at her best friend. once she was across the lawn, somehow managing to shrug on her jacket, she jumped into the passenger seat.

"god it's freezing!" jane shook, buckeling and letting out a shaky breath. "give her a second she'll warm up." jack patted the dash, throwing the car in reverse. they were heading to the rink, first game of the season for team usa.

it was jacks last season.

jane couldn't think about it too much, the thought making her sad. the fear of the future would come crashing in, so instead she would focus on the now. jack was already such a high commodity, predicted to go first overall in the nhl draft. jane was proud, so proud everytime she thought about it she had the urge to cry.

but the fear of jack leaving her, forgetting about her was terrifying. he reminded her often that he would never, could never forget his best friend. it only made her feel better for a little bit, until the frown would tug at her lips again.

jane grew up right next door to the hughes family. she wasn't ready to let that go.

"jay!" jack couldn't even park the car before trevor was running out of the building and out into the cold. she groaned, jack letting out a laugh as trevor swung open her door. "trevor it's freezing stop! stop!" she cried, trevor tugging her out of the passenger. jack had gotten out, ignoring the two.

trevor loved to annoy jane.

"hot chocolate before everyone-" trevor stopped with a gasp. more cars were pulling into the arena, "k baby jay ready to run?" jane gasped as trevor threw her over his shoulder, jogging past jack and into the arena.

"trevor!" she gasped but this time it was full of laughter. trevor let out an evil laugh as he carried her into the kitchen. when she was safely on the ground she swatted at trevor, the boy only poking her stomach and she jumped back.

"god i hate you." she rolled her eyes but trevor ignored it. he knew it wasn't true, because he watched her start the hot chocolate. she was halfway done when jack walked in, most of his gear on as he opened the fridge and grabbed a bio steel.

her eyes connected with his and as soon as he looked away they trailed down his body. she blinked quickly, turning away. "want some jacky?" she asked him and he nodded, "small cup." he flicked trevor's head who was messing with jane's gear. she had a small bag full of notebooks and camera equipment.

"we have warm ups in ten." someone peaked their head in. they stopped short whenever they smelled the hot chocolate. that's typical, someone smelled the hot chocolate and suddenly two cups turned into five, then six, and so on.

whenever she finally cleaned up the mess that was left she grabbed her things.

jane had a thing for the arts, and that included photography. she was also good at drawing and anything that required precision and focus. jack was the one who suggested her as the photographer. she was young, this would give her an idea if maybe doing sports media could her thing.

and his selfish ways hoped it would.

jack wasn't ready to leave her, it hurt worse than the idea of leaving his parents and his brothers. he refused to talk about it with her, this was the girl he never thought he could live without. the idea made him sick so instead of dwelling on it he ignored it. whenever jane got sad about it, he would sweetly remind her he would never forget her. then he would change the subject onto something else.

jane made herself comfortable on the bench, snapping a few test shots. her camera always seemed to want to follow jack but she reluctantly turned and snapped a few pictures of the other guys. jane always told jack he was her favorite person to photograph. he would laugh and brush it off but she was serious.

she always thought he was the most beautiful person she has ever seen.

he smiled at her, skating over despite the pleas from his teammates. they liked to show off and jack always made sure to stop by and give jane some attention.

"you're getting my good side right?" he teased, sliding to a stop and leaning on the bench, right in front of her camera.

"all your sides are good sides." she smiled, leaning closer and showing him the pictures.

she could tell her heart stopped, her breathing increased as he leaned down. that was the issue wasn't it? jane didn't see this as a friendship anymore.

she was starting to fall in love.

and maybe it had always been that way, ever since they were little. or maybe not who knows, she just knew that she would do anything, be anything for him if he asked. she would follow him anywhere, but he didn't need to know that because of the fear.

the fear of losing him was far scarier than admitting to him how she felt. it killed her, to not be able to be honest with him, but she couldn't risk it. plus she knew he would never fell the same.

"looks good jay." he smiled down at her, seeing the small freckles that lined her nose.

"jane and jack sittin in a tree-" trevor skated by, mocking the two. jack was used to the teasing from the guys, it was constant. they always brought up jane, knowing to do it in a respectful way. they just teased him about her, insisting that they were secretly in love.

jane rolled her eyes as jack swung around and skated after his friend.

they always teased jack about their names, how they were so close. jack laughed at it, it was the perfect way for his friends to tease him.

jane went back to her photos, making her way out of the bench and to a different spot. she waved at her family who had made their way in, then to ellen and jim who were right behind them.

this is was she loved more than anything.

that was always a reminder too, why she kept everything inside, hiding her true feelings from jack, from everyone.