.020 | i never forgot you

mind over matter - young the giant ❛and when the seasons change will you stand by me?❜

and when the seasons change
will you stand by me?

mind over matter - young the giant ❛and when the seasons change will you stand by me?❜

( PRESENT. )

SOMETIMES when you're busy, mind racing you forget simple things. jane did just that, barging into her little sisters room. the girl jumped, a gasp leaving her mouth. "emma did you steal some of my clothes- what are you doing?" the girl stopped, eyeing emma who was clutching her chest, her other hand holding tightly to her phone. "is that jane?" the voice spoke and jane's eyes widened. "i gotta go!" emma hung up the phone and jane blinked, seeing her sisters red cheeks.

"im so telling mom." jane was gone in an instant, her feet carrying her down the hall. "don't!" emma was quick to throw her phone down, chasing after jane. giggles escaped her, sliding down the hall. "mom!" she yelled, emma practically screaming. their feet thudding on the carpet, jane rushing down the stairs carefully. emma was hot on her tail, jane's socked feet sliding on the hardwood once she made it down.

emma was much taller than jane, taking the stairs two at a time and jumping down. "emma and co-" the hand covered her mouth, causing jane to scream as emma tugged her down. "what the hell are you two doing?" her dad got up from the couch, walking into the hall and seeing jane on the floor, emma on top of her. jane was laughing, emma pleading to be quiet.

jane squirmed, rolling onto her stomach and clawing her way across the floor. "you know what im gonna just..." their dad wanted no part, inching back slowing and carefully. a smile was plastered on his face, he missed jane and emma time, even if it was wrestling on the floor.

jane had successfully got up, running through to the kitchen. "emma and connor sitting in a tree!" emma swatted at her sister, running around the counter. "oh that's rich coming from you!" jane laughed, emma grabbing her sisters sweatshirt, tugging and causing jane to stumble. she yelled, spinning out of her tight grip. the two suddenly stopped, needing a breath.