003. | see you

stop and stare - onerepublic ❛this town is colder nowi think its sick of usit's time to make our movei'm shaking off the rust

this town is colder now
i think its sick of us
it's time to make our move
i'm shaking off the rust.

( PRESENT

( PRESENT. )

JANE did her best to be present during dinner. she laughed and smiled and didn't mention seeing ellen till after her sister went to bed and her dad was passed out in the chair next to the couch. her mom had poured her another glass as they talked. the thought of jack being so close made her fill her glass up more. it was like she could feel him, she knew he was close and that bothered her.

jack wasn't hers anymore.

he hasn't been hers in years yet she still feels such a strong connection.

silence had wavered through them. nothing would be the same, neither of them wanted it to. they ignored their feelings and continued on.

jane had came to terms with it.

"do you still see them? any of them?" jane asked, feeling a little loose due to the wine. her mom nodded, "of course... i see ellen more than anyone but... they're doing good. they're okay." jane's mom had placed a hand on her knee. she knew that no matter how much jane pretended not to care about them, the feeling of family wouldn't just go away.

she knows jane still cheeks in on them. she'll even watch them play every once in awhile. she didn't dare tell a soul except her mom.

"jane.. you should go to breakfast. just see them see ellen.... she misses you so much, they all do honey." she frowned, rubbing her daughters knee some more. she didn't want to scare her off, she knew it was a sensitive subject.

"do you know the feeling whenever you're at the beach.. you've been swimming for hours and dawn is approaching?" jane asked and her mom nodded, "and the waves are getting bigger and stronger but you're not ready to go home just yet... so you're just getting tackled by the waves and tossed around... it's funny at first but then one really gets you and... you're being tossed around under water. you can't breathe and you're scared... but then you finally come up and you can breath again. you clutch your chest and calm yourself down... then you call it a day. you leave."