Chapter Two- The Plagued Wolf

2. The Plagued Wolf
.
.
.

As expected the Alpha was quick to act, transforming to his wolf form immediately and lunging at the plagued wolf that was already few feet from crashing into Luna Louisiana.

I wanted to conjure my magic but there was no need to.

The Alpha was incredibly fast, his aura was stronger than any Alpha that I have met, he was quick to tackle her down and ripped out the flesh in her neck.

The plagued wolf screamed out in pain from the huge hole in her neck, her body jerked like she was going into shock and she shift back immediately trying to heal, but it was too late, this wolf was plagued but it has not had the time to full immense into it, that wound would be enough to kill her.

Blood was gushing out of her neck where a large chunk of skin had been removed and she was still jerking, she was choking on her blood and she was dying but the Alpha and his pack warriors were still at alert, circling her and preparing themselves just in case she decides to stand up again but it was of no need this plagued wolf was already dying , she was breathing her last but she manages to say "I was poisoned, I am sorry" and that was the plagued wolf was dead and her soul departed.

It has been hundred of years since I last witnessed a plagued wolf, it was a forbidden magic and even though this plagued wolf was dead are body could still be manipulated, she would have to be set on fire or her head would be removed from her body to prevent that from happening, but they need to know the gravity of this incident.

"Alpha, you need to be careful, I have seen this before" I warned, when a regular wolf is plagued, they become as strong as an Alpha and if an alpha becomes plagued it is ten times worst, a plagued Alpha can wipe out a whole pack and he is the only one that can plague another without the witch elixir.

He was comforting his mate but was still riling in the shock that her life had just been threatened , he turns his attention to me "What is this?" He asks

"A magic of the old, in the past there was a priestess that abandoned the true ways and she sought power, she sought to control the wolves for her bidding and then she created a elixir, a dangerous one, the result of the elixir is what you witnessed today, it makes werewolves lose control and they become plagued, they run feral and mad" I explained, it was much worse than that but this was the basic, the best way to stop a plagued wolf is to kill the witch behind it, but a werewolf would not be able to kill a witch just like that, especially one strong enough to make a plagued wolf.

"My father—" Luna Louisiana says, I knew what she wanted to ask so I cut her off before she could complete her words.

"He was plagued" I revealed and her eyes widens in shock as my words sets into her mind"I saw your life doing the ritual, I saw your pain and the shame you endured. Your mother's death did not make your father kill Freya, he was manipulated to kill her"

"But why?" She asks as tears threatened to spill from her eyes, I feel her soul crushed from the revelation of the truth, the Alpha was curious as well, he had his jaw clenched, his first mate had suffered a terrible fate because of his present mate father and he had been manipulated all the while, Beta Darius and Luna Freya shared a painful fate.

"That I do not know" I answered, the moon goddess has not shown me who was behind all this but I am certain that it was a witch like myself or even stronger "The truth will reveal itself with time but be vigilant and ready" I added and I bowed before I left, Fia trailed after me immediately.

I walked towards the direction of where the plagued wolf had been taken to, the wolf was still dangerous. I finally stopped in the pack clinic and walked through the doors.