Chapter Seven- The Silence

7. The Silence
.
.
.

I walked silently listening to Reed and Fia chatters behind me, they acted like friends that have known each other for ages, they acted as closest of friend while I was being completely ignored as if I did not exist, I did not want to admit it but I was envious and I was surprise that I was envious, I was definitely too old to be acting like this but I cannot help myself from feeling this way.

It should be around noon at the moment, the sun was fully out but the tall trees were giving us enough shade from letting the sun scorch our skin, we were currently making our journey to one of my fellow witch friend that lived up north, in a human town blending completely in with the people and I was leading the way.

My friend goes by the name Nadine and she was two centuries older than I was , she was a full breed witch unlike me and she was stronger, so I am hoping desperately she would be able to give me answers or at least point me in the direction of where I could get my answers from before the darkness of my vision consumes me and everything around it, before it hurts Reed more than just burnt hands.

From the moment we left our burnt down camp site after the quarrel we had, Reed had created an extremely large distance between us and up till now he had not bother to utter a single word to me or even make a sound directed at me and that was over two hours ago or so, this was what I wanted, this was what I asked him to do then why was I regretting asking him to stay away from me, why was I seeking desperately for him to talk to me,? why did my heart ache listening to the friendly conversation between Fia and Reed?, why was I feeling all this?, it was the bond, I blame the cursed bond between us, this was all because of the stupid bond, it was messing with me and everything around me.

I stopped abruptly, causing them to both stop and the laughter they were sharing died down immediately, I exhaled deeply before turning to face them "I think it is best we run in our wolf forms, the town is still quite far, we would not be able to make it before the sun goes down if we continue on foot" I said, it was me being petty actually, jealousy was eating me up but I could not tell them that, neither would I show it.

"Mistress, are you sure?, I don't think you have fully recovered, you might not be able to shift" Fia sounded worried by my proposition.

"I am fine" I stated assuring her, Reed stared at me but he did not utter a single word as usual now, he was really taking this silence thing to the next level.

Fia looked at Reed as if asking for permission, I chuckled just enough for only me to hear, were they that close now?, it was just two days or so that she has known him and they were acting like the have spent eternity together, they would have been better off if it was the two of them that was mated, things would have not been this complicated. Reed nodded back at her before saying "you should shift behind the tree, so you don't have to rip your clothes" he offered speaking so gently, that his voice almost tasted of sugar, one would think that Fia was his mate with how caring he was acting around her.

Fia nodded in response and stepped away from us to shift, Reed still did not utter a word to me, he just turned his back against me and proceeded to removing his clothes.

I was stunned but I do not let it affect me or so I tell myself to. I turn away to moved behind a tree and start removing my clothes also.

I try shifting but when the first bone cracks, I hurl out in pain like a wounded wolf, beads of sweat had already formed on my face, Fia was right, I was not strong enough yet to shift like a proper wolf.

Fia had already transformed to her brown wolf when she rushed over to my side, my scream must have been very loud, she nudged me by my side while she whimpered sympathizing with me for being in pain and it made me feel bad, it was all because of envy, I was acting like a crazy lovestruck teenager.,