Chapter Four- Just Like True Mates

4. Just Like True Mates
.
.
.

"Mistress, I think you should rest for a while" Fia suggested with a worried expression drawn on her face. I was sweating profusely and my body was weaker by each step I was taking, I was not regaining my strength like I thought I would.

Reed had a frown on his face, he appeared to be frustrated, and angry seeing me in this weakened state. We were in the forest making our way back to my tent and there was still a long distance ahead of us.

I couldn't shift and I could not perform magic either, whatever happened in that vision really affected my body. I was slowing everyone down and I felt incredibly horrible inside of me.

I have never felt like this throughout my existence and it surprised me profoundly, being weak was new to me and it frightened me a bit, would I be able to fight against the witch behind the plagued wolf if I was so easily defeated?.

I had made a promise to help Alpha Kaden in finding whoever was responsible, but Alpha Kaden would not be able to easily defeat a witch without the help of a witch or someone that knows how to kill us or if he had possession of the dagger, but it would not be easy to get close to a strong witch on his own.

"I am fine Fia" I lied effortlessly, I do not want them to worry about me but I know they are, I was worried for myself as well. I stopped and rest  my body against the bark of a tree in my attempt to try to catch my breath.

"You are not fine" Reed said running his fingers through his hair in annoyance. I have never known a man to worry for my wellbeing, this was the first time and it made me feel something inside of me that I had never felt before, that I thought I would never feel in my entire existence.

My eyes meets his and I feel my breath hitched as his eyes pierced intensely into mine.  Something in me wanted him to pull me into his arms and carry me , that part of myself disliked the distance between us but another part of me was happy than he was not so near me, I do not understand anything yet, I will rope myself in a web of deceit, it was barely hours since we discovered the possibility of both of us being mates.

My sight was starting to turn blurry, my head feels light headed immediately and I know that I can't keep moving on, "Fia!" I called, she was holding me by my hands.

"I am here mistress" her voice broke like she was about to cry, I was not dying or something but it touched me that Fia cares so deeply about me, she has never seen me in this state for as long as she had known me.

"Fi–fi...." I wanted to say something but the darkness overwhelms me and I slip into it, welcoming it like a warm embrace.

*****

I moaned feeling a soft material under my body and shimmers of sun rays pierce my skin. I opened my eyes and realized that I was in my tent, how did I get here?, all I could remember was the forest. I am quite aware that Fia would not have made it on her own, that would mean that Reed helped me back to my tent.

It was already morning, I sat up immediately feeling a slight headache but I do not feel as weak as I was the previous night.

My dress was different and I know that Fia must have changed me, I stood up from my mattress and made my way outside.

Fia was cooking something on the stove, she noticed my presence and she immediately get up "Mistress!, you are awake. I think you should rest more"

"Do not worry Fia, I am fine" I smiled at her

"Are you sure, that was what you said last night and you fainted" I hear Reed's strong voice behind me, I immediately turned around, he was casually standing there, shirtless and unbothered, but his bare chest made me feel hot immediately but I immediately shook it off, I noticed the herbs in his hands, I had no idea that he knew about herbs.