Chapter Six - Find Answers

6. Find Answers
.
.
.

My tent was burned down, whatever happened in the dark realm in my sleep has affected the things around me in the physical world.

I fixed my gaze on Reed, he had a distressed look on his face. He was yet to speak, to explain what just happened but he was here holding him just like the last time.

It was Reed that was somehow pulled me out of that dark realm. I do not feel drained like the last time but I am affected.

"You were on fire mistress!" Fia cried, there was an agonizing fear in her eyes, a fear I had never seen before.

"On fire ?" I muttered, I turned my gaze towards Reed, seeking confirmation but he was silent, my eyes then moved to his hands and I gasped, his skin was burnt and blistered, with patches of charred flesh. It was as if he had reached into the flames to save me.

"Reed," I whispered, my voice filled with concern. "What did you do? How did you save me?"

Reed's eyes met mine, a mix of pain and determination shining through. He hesitated for a moment, his voice strained when he finally spoke. "I couldn't just stand there and watch you burn. I had to act."

I reached out, gently touching his injured hand. Reed winced, but he didn't pull away. "Reed, you're hurt," I said, my voice laced with guilt. "I didn't ask you to risk yourself for me."

There was a fire around me but I was unhurt, just my clothes were affected. What was the meaning of this?.

A faint smile tugged at the corners of Reed's lips. "You may not have asked, but you're important to me," he said softly. "I couldn't bear to lose you and it doesn't matter, I will heal soon."

"Thank you" I smiled weakly. Reed had saved me twice, how was he able to do that, was it because of the bond with us.

Fia, who had been watching the exchange with wide eyes, now spoke up, her voice trembling. "Mistress, there's something else you need to know. When Reed reached out to you and held your hand, there was a surge of energy. It was like a shockwave, and it destroyed everything around us."

I surveyed the charred remains of my tent, the blackened earth, and the smoldering ashes. The impact of what had transpired began to sink in. This dark world was strongly affecting me.

"We need to find answers," I said, determination seeping into my voice. "There must be a way to understand all this. Just a vision from the plagued wolf would not cause this much damage, the witch responsible is stronger than I expected." I rose from the ground and Reed rose with me, he was still holding me by my hand "I am fine thank you. You need to wash your wounds. Fia please help him" I added and released myself from his hold and in no second I fall back to the ground and passed out.

****

The sun beamed down my face and the heat was just enough for me to wake up from my slumber and I realized that I had fainted last night.

My body was sore as I tried to sit up from the grass I was laid on, there was a blanket over me, it was then I finally realized the devastating effects my vision caused last night.

There was no tent, our property was ruined by the flames I released. I spot Fia trying to savage anything still useful but her efforts so far was proving to be fruitless, she had not noticed that I was awake, it hurt to watch her like this, she appeared to be in despair and it weighed down on me.

There would be no sleep for me now, I had to find answers unless I might hurt somebody else, Reed hands got burned last night because of me, he literally jumped into the fire because of me, I have not given him a reason to.