32-End of Chapter 10

In times of crisis, Float did her no wrong.

An update was revealed for the system, and Quinn had frowned in bed, facing the wall as she stared at a new currency...Hearts, pretty pink and sweet. She had five, and where she'd gotten them was beyond her. She'd squinted and pondered their meaning, wondered if they signified her pain and suffering.

A click on the icon and she was brought to a new cheery page that revealed a list of items available for purchase. And her eyes shot open and grew wider as she stared at the first on the line. And the only option available for purchase.

Item Box- Stores items in another dimension, and preserves them forever.

Her jaw dropped open, confusion brimming. But the purchase was made, and a new icon was revealed on the panel. A tentative finger dipped, and her hands were sinking into nothingness, disappearing into a slit of light, like a chasm in the wall.

The space felt odd, cold and slippery as her fingers twisted around. Quinn marvelled, waved another hand beneath the slit in the world, and yet there was nothing. She removed her hand from the space and the slit vanished, slipping back into the icon. An invisible, endless bag.

It was another cheat code, she quickly realised, a smile blossoming on her face.

After a day or two and she learnt that she no longer had to destroy the products that she purchased for her god-like cleaning. She could store them within the item box and pull them out again to use. For the Omegas that demanded to watch her clean, she'd faked a show of performance anxiety and then agreed to have a camera to her back.

It was too easy to hack the device, place a screen over the spinning lens and provide a feigned recording of her slow and steady scrubbing with artificial intelligence.

And Quinn was soon enough, sitting back with her fingers darting over Float, playing games and even feasting on the occasional cheap biscuit from the online store. The crumbly chocolate was so sweet and sinful on her tongue. Her head bounced to music playing straight to her ears as new robots worked on the scrubbing.

There was no punishment to be handed to her with her abilities to make bathrooms seem almost new a whisper of awe that spread around the House of Fern. Her hands grew increasingly prized as her stars increased, pulling her further up the ranks from factories to malls, and then offices.

A sedentary lifestyle returned to her quickly, and Quinn thrived in crappy conditions with a lazy shrug. But it seemed that her success would never go unnoticed. For doom soon arrived, in the form of a panicked Mina that seemed oddly distraught. Her robots flew into the box, the old crappy brushes swinging out of the space and into her hands just as the woman stepped into the bathroom.

"Quinn, do you know how to clean a Heat room?" she wrung her hands, and seemed anxious and an Omega soldier stood by her side. She'd long forgotten his name for they were all just masked, scentless figures to her. But this one seemed just as stressed, his body swayed.

"Yes, ma'am" Quinn replied, lips curving downwards, the lesson spinning through her brain. "Good morning, sir." She bowed for the soldier–a new practice they had learnt in their morning 'lessons' where they were taught etiquette and servitude. Quinn deemed it a session of soft measures when it came to the continuous brainwashing of the Alphas.

"She's well-practised enough," was the older women's quiet comment. "A good girl, no Ruts in her lifetime. Beta. Very good at cleaning. She's got a hundred stars, her work is exemplary. No complaints at all from all her instructors at the House of Fern. There's no one else? Surely, an Omega would be better for his hi–"

"This close to Heat, he will see a foreign Omega as a threat to the nest," was his explanation. "And an Alpha will have her throat torn out for even touching the space, a Beta will have to do. And one with a pretty scent? We shall take our chances." Mina nodded, falling into a deeper bow.