34

Icarus had smiled, butterflies in his belly, excitement in his throat. He enjoyed the proximity, the look of his mates sated from his cock. He loved to see the pleasure welling beneath their eyelids. The fucked-out expressions that danced over their features, eyes rolled back, and tongue lolled out, drool dripping.

He loved taking his mates to nirvana; to watch them shoot thick ropes of semen all over their little bellies; to see the outlines of his cock bulging with each thrust. He loved to cum so deep within them that his pleasure made their bellies swell. It gave him so much joy to see them quivering, to see their holes slippery with his orgasm, their cocks dripping with pre-cum. The bed soaked with their love.

But a strange part of him burned, was reminded of the time when he had a master, when his body thrummed like a normal Omega's. When his Heats were so hot, needy and slippery, when his cock strained, and tears would slip so easily down his cheeks for something thick in his ass. It was a torturous pleasure like no other, and as much as he hated it...He'd loved it then, when his mates had sneaked into his room just to provide him relief, soft cooing turned quickly into loud keens.

Their lovemaking then had been everything he'd ever wanted.

And a part of him wished his Heats remained just as intense, just as desperate. A part of him had hoped that with Euodia's death, his body would not return to what it once was. That it was not simple satisfaction that wafted through him with each orgasm. That a lacklustre, dreary little grunt was all he could really give. His hips snapping forward, his expression never changing.

But it was.

And Icarus had grasped at straws, had tried to extend the existence of his crazed lust. But his body recovered, returned to the calm, peaceful purrs that escaped his throat when his body was satisfied, to the single night of Heat that was quick to end. The gentle warmth that burned through his veins could never amount to the magnitude of Heats that his mates experienced.

And it was too fucking bad.

Because Icarus was created to be different, and that made him ill with envy, jealousy burning green in his eyes when he watched two mates fuck with a Heat so wild it had them screaming, panting and crying. And if Icarus was honest about it (he denied it so vehemently to his mates, of course), he secretly wanted to submit.

Would love to kneel before Helios, throat barred and waiting for cum. Would enjoy being fucked by Rowan with dopamine pumping through his veins. He'd have them all as his master if he could, and he tried, spent secret hours in the library flipping through the books; months wasted deep in research on the topic; a thousand spells cast upon his body.

But only Euodia could turn him mad with lust, and only Euodia had that power over his body.

And Euodia was dead.

The meeting had been fucking boring.

The vampires were wailing, concerns over precious blood supply being shared and new Alpha blood in their banks were spilled. There was some snappy remark about wasting precious time trying to seduce an Alpha. They didn't want that, even though the stupid motherfuckers knew it was their only chance for survival.

An Alpha that would give them everything was essential to prevent the transformation into a Lonely.

Their people had proved it quickly that simply sucking one dry was not enough, that some kind of connection had to take place. It was something about the chemicals in the blood when an Alpha was happy, something about an Omega's own mentality that helped with the process.