Ch. 10 -Poorly Orchestrated

When Oscar stepped out of the lobby of his apartment complex, and onto the street, he was almost unrecognizable

Max was right. The red suit with black accents and sunglasses gave Oz a distinctly devilish appearance as he sauntered to his bike. However, there were signs of his upbringing that even an expensive suit couldn't erase—like his clip-on tie for instance. It was easily forgotten by how perfectly the tux hugged and complemented Oscar's frame, and he took it as a good sign when he was already turning heads at nearly every red light.

Night was descending on the city, the tall buildings of the Downtown district breaking up the sky that was ablaze with the colors of sunset. The decorative street lamps were already switching on as the doors to the Kingsport Performing Arts complex opened.

It was a plaza, covered with a tall glass canopy that linked several little restaurants, art studios, and theaters together. These were not the types of places that people like Oscar normally hung out in. The art studios were small, chic, and nothing was priced—for good reason. The restaurants were equally upscale, and despite their absurd prices and tiny portions, they seemed to be filling up quickly.

Oscar checked his phone, until he spotted the theater entrance. It was easily the oldest building in the plaza, and when he stepped inside, he felt like been transported back in time. The lobby was huge and open, allowing him to see up several floors to the large, domed glass ceiling topping the stone and bronze architecture. Polished marble floors stretched across the entire lower level, inlaid with metal details, leading to a large lobby with a full liquor bar and a set of stairs that stretched several different floors. Signs all along the way noted which seating section each door led to. But before you could reach any of it, you were met by the gilded green copper and golden bronze ticket booth.

This was where Oscar stopped and sent his text, he wouldn't be getting any further without a certain someone.

His text seemed to go unread for a few minutes as other theatergoers passed Oscar on their way into the theater. Even though they were all clearly dressed up for the occasion as well, He got several approving and appreciative gazes, and even some pleased smiles for his sense of style; like he was one of them. Bold and fashion-forward, but a member of their class, nonetheless.

The blare of rock music that suddenly penetrated the busy lobby startled a few of the couples nearest to Oscar, as Max's name appeared across his phone screen.

"You look so fucking good in that," Max said, grinning when Oscar spotted him and they locked eyes.

For that split second, it was like a movie... Like the universe had slowed down just a hair for them, so that they could drink in the sight of each other, and the music floating through the luxurious lobby only added to it.

Max hung up, looking incredibly comfortable in his black corduroy suit, tailored perfectly to make his waist look slimmer, as he sauntered across the distance between them. His boots had just a hint of a heel, making him a smidge taller than usual. A red corner of a handkerchief poked out of his breast pocket; a perfect compliment to Oscar's suit.