Ch. 12 - Get Outta the Car

It wasn't until after Max had swapped shirts and was using his rear view mirror to fix his hair that he really felt the blaze of true embarrassment inflame his ears

It wasn't until after Max had swapped shirts and was using his rear view mirror to fix his hair that he really felt the blaze of true embarrassment inflame his ears... He'd literally dumped his drink on himself to get Carter away from Oz.

"Jesus," he muttered. He'd been accused of being possessive and jealous in the past, but that response had been a little much.

He knew it, and yet, just the replay of Carter's words in his head pissed him off all over agai-

Wait.

Twisting to peer out his narrow back window, Max's brain strained to make sense of why in the ever loving fuck Oz would have just climbed into the Bugatti parked not far away, and now be hunched forward in it.

"Oh shit!" The pain that rushed Max's head when he hit it trying to jump out of his own car didn't even slow him down. "No! No, no, no! Oz!"

Max was just outside of the driver's side door of the Bugatti. "Oz! Get out of the fucking car!" He hissed, frantically looking to see if anyone else was watching this impending disaster.

Oscar on the other hand looked calm and composed as Max jerked the driver's side door open.

"Max, I have to—No Max, listen—Yes—I need it," he said in an even tone, like a parent trying to counter sense to their tantrum throwing three-year-old in the supermarket.

Oscar pushed the key into the ignition as the exchange continued, he was lucky that he knew one of the valets, otherwise getting the key could have been tricky, not that it would have stopped him—nothing was going to stop him.

"Oscar, I'm serious—"

"No, Max—Listen—"

"Oz, you need to get out of this car!"

"Listen, listen—"

Max shook his head. "Oz! Get out of the car!"

"It's a character flaw—

"Get out of the car."

"But I have to, though!"

"Hey-hey-hey! Gallagher! Hey! What the fuck do you think you're doin' leaning on my car?!"

Rufino Dina's shout spread goosebumps across Max's skin. He jerked his head up to see the Italian and several of his buddies...all stalking towards them between the showroom's worth of other luxury cars.

"Don't be angry!" Oscar said as he shut the door and threw the car into reverse, backing out of the parking space so fast that Rufino barely missed being run over by his own car before he switched into drive and peeled out of Carter's front drive.

"EYY!!!" Rufino screamed, arms in the air, and eyes so wide that he would've looked absolutely hysterical if Max wasn't already ducking back into his own car and flying down the driveway after Oscar.