Chapter 16.5 - Rulebreaker (2)

Y/N's brows furrowed at the woman's words. Why was she speaking to him like that? Standing up, she grabbed her polearm tightly, hand lingering on her hip, ready to grab her mask and protect Tanjiro, Nezuko and if she had too, Giyuu as well.

„Come on Giyuu.. and you too! You with the spear! Move, okay?"

Her tone was gentle, yet it seemed strained. As if she was trying really hard to come across as friendly and calm. Y/N was the first one to speak up.

„Listen. First off, I don't think Giyuu is disliked. I may not know him too well, we only met once, but I respect him. Greatly."

The unknown woman's face shifted.

„Oh? Who is she Giyuu? Your one time friend?"

Giyuu spoke up this time.

„No. I met her before and the circumstances do not concern you, Kocho."

The woman named Kocho chuckled.

„Is that so? Then forget I said anything.. I guess you managed to convince one person that you're not disliked by everyone. When is the wedding? I doubt that anyone would show up tho."

Y/N's frown deepened. She held out her arm protectively, shielding Tanjiro and Nezuko.

„Hey! Boy, Girl with the spear! You do know that the girl you're protecting is a demon? She's very dangerous! Please get away from her!"

Tanjiro shook his head.

„No! We can't. She's not what you think she is! She's our sister!"

Y/N nodded in agreement.

„And we'll protect her. No matter the cost."

Kocho put her hand in front of her mouth, sighing.

„Oh dear.. how pitiful.. then.. I'll choose a gentle poison. One that doesn't hurt."

Y/N's lips where pressed into a thin line. That woman was fast. Not fast enough to beat her but certainly enough to beat Tanjiro in terms of speed. If she wasn't cautious, him and Nezuko could get hurt. A gentle voice pulled her out of thoughts.

„Tanjiro. Take your sisters and flee."

Y/N raised an eyebrow.

„You'll be okay?"

Giyuu nodded. The green haired woman gave him one last look before she scooped Nezuko up in her arms, nodding at Tanjiro.

„Let's go. Can you walk?"

Before Tanjiro could answer, Y/N knelt down and let him climb onto her back.

„Hold on tight."

With these words, she dashed away, picking up Nezuko's box on the way by kicking it upwards and letting Tanjiro catch it. She was holding Nezuko with one arm, and one of Tanjiro's legs with the other to stabilise him. As Y/N was out of sight, Shinobu let out a whistle.

„Wow, Giyuu. Your little one time thing sure is fast."

Giyuu frowned.

„She is not my one time thing, Kocho."

Shinobu gave him a provocative smile.

„Of course not. But.. what you did just now.. you broke the rules."

Y/N was still running, ignoring the other person following them. There was another presence. Suddenly, Y/N felt a kick into the back of her head. She didn't stumble, but immediately let Tanjiro of her back, placing him and Nezuko on the ground as outstretching her arm, Weapon in hand. She was ready to protect her loved ones, even if it meant killing other demon slayers. The attacker was a black haired girl with purplish eyes. She was wearing a similar hairpin to the woman she met earlier, the same butterfly pin. Y/N was sure she could trust Giyuu with taking care of the woman named Kocho. As she activated her vision, a dim green glow surrounded her body.

„Tch.."

Y/N scoffed. She was about to reach for her mask, but a sharp pain in her chest caused her to stop her actions. The pain.. it was exactly what she felt when her karmic debt was gnawing on her.

„Not here.. not now.. No.."

Y/N's hand flew to her chest, clutching it tightly. Her vision was starting to get hazy. She thought her karmic debt had lightened once she came to this universe.. but then, she hadn't felt it for quite a long time. Had it build up? The pain was starting to get worse and Y/N's vision was slowly turning black.

„Nezu..ko.. Tanjiro. Run.. flee."

With those words, Y/N lost consciousness, her vision going black. The last thing she heard was the screeching voice of a crow.

„Take the demon Nezuko, demon slayer Tanjiro Kamado and demon slayer Y/N to the headquarters! To the headquarters!"

Black. Everything was black. Then, all of a sudden, hushed voices.

„Wake up. Come on. Wake up.. Hey! Wake up! Hey Brat! Woman! Wake up already! How much longer are you going to sleep?!"

As Y/N opened her eyes, she was met with the sight of numerous people looking down at her.

„Before you stand the Hashira!"

————

A/N: Very short Chapter so I can start naming chapters after Episodes again! 🤸‍♀️
Also we meet the Pillars next?! Who do you think Y/N will get along with? Who do you think she'll despise? (Cough Sanemi Cough)