Chapter 32

Deanna’s POV

Anna and I sitting alone in this meeting hall, thinking deeply at the same time frustrated.

“God I can’t believe this”

“Huh? What? Anna asked.

“What do you mean what? Can’t you see we’re suppose to go back to Philippines tomorrow but this damn deal has not yet been settled.

“Yeah I know but what else can we do? We cannot hastened their decision.

“But we already prepared well the documents and we presented it magnificently.
Why do they need another week to review?

“Again Deanna, I don’t know why, maybe because this project takes a lot of money so they contemplate if they will accept the deal or not.

“And if they have second thought they could just say so, so that we can go back home and then just inform us about their decision not just they decided that we should stay here in Japan and wait for them. I said.

“Remember girl this project was given to us so we need to sacrifice time and effort and of course patience but I think we can get this deal settled,
I just feel it, we just have to wait and it’s not like we’re spending our own money here.
They gave us enough pocket money to use and at the same time,
they also double our pay for this trip.
Just look forward to it, if we can get this deal settled the commission money is huge that can make you buy your own house right?
That’s the reason why you take this in the first place, a house that you can call your own home.

I sigh and think about what Anna said and yes that’s the reason I take this because of the commission money,
I can use that so I can buy my own house.
It’s so tiring to pay monthly rent and Andrei is getting older,
we need a home that we can settled in,
though Heather is willing to let us live in her house but then it’s different if me and Andrei have our own.

Speaking of Heather, I call her everyday and we talk everyday but it feels like there’s something wrong with her.

Like the way she stare at me though the camera, like her eyes were telling me something, I feel uneasy when I stare at her eyes,
I can feel the sadness and when I ask her if there’s something wrong she just simply says that she miss me.
I feel the same, I really miss her, I wanna hug and kiss her, I want to be with her.
Maybe she’s just sad because I’m not around, I just wanna finish this fucking deal, so that I can go back to Heather and Andrei, I miss them so much.

But sometimes it bothers me when she cuts of her conversation and tells me that there’s something she needs to do.
I just let her because I know she’s busy given that she runs a company.
But when I call her during the night sometimes she doesn’t answer, and when tomorrow comes, she just sends me a message that she fell asleep, not bothering to call me instead.

Sometimes she calls me at night telling me that Stacey and her are going to the bar for a drink then she cut’s our conversation short.
And there is one time that she called me around 1am here so it’s 2am in the Philippines given an hour difference between Philippines and Japan, I got confused but I answer her call.