♡Sister's Keeper♡

Zyan's Point of View:

I brush my hair evenly into a neat bun for tonight's dinner. It was my sister's rehearsal dinner and my chance at making things right with her.

Michael was busy with work, so I will be on my own with this one, but I still held his advice near to me. Benny, being the buffer for Elvina and me, I am glad he didn't decide to blow off the dinner.

Looking at my green shirt collared satin tulle cocktail dress, I sigh. I made sure my mother approved the outfit before I had started to get ready. Tonight, I was determined to get on Elvina's good side.

Partly because I want to be close to knowing if Matthew tries to handle her like he used to do me. Lastly, since I will be moving out the week after her wedding, this will possibly be my last time to leave on an even feel exchange this time around.

I started to get dressed, and after twenty minutes, I was fixing any last touches. The rehearsal dinner was being held here at home, but my sister will be getting married at the country club.

Our family is all registered to, I gave Michael the directions and all the information earlier today. Thinking about him has me goosebumps as the feeling of his lips on my skin had me in a great mood. I never thought he would be the reason why I smile or be the reason I am happy.

"Sis, are you ready?" Benny asked me, knocking on my door.

"Yeah, little brother, just doing a last-minute check. How are you feeling? Our sister is going to be someone's wife soon." I say, walking out my room door and noticing how smooth my brother looks. I am sure he got the girls at his school in an uproar.

"Well, it's nice to see both my sisters happy and doing their own thing. I am going to miss Vee, though she is so easy to mess with. But you both are killing me. How y'all both leaving a brother to be here with Ma and Pops? I mean, know Ma is going to want to know what I am doing 24/7, and that can really mess with my mack-tastic plans from time to time." Benny says, and I laugh.

"Mack? Baby brother, you wouldn't know a Mack from a Big Mac. But I hear you, so you are going to miss us now that we are leaving. Of course, but unlike Elvina, you are free to turn my bedroom into an arcade room or even your own den. Just put my things in the family storage." I say laughing as we head downstairs.

"See, this is why you're the cool sister, but you know Ma will swat me on the back of my head if I so much as move a pillow in that room. So, do you like your new digs or what?" He asked me as we approached our grand dining room. My family estate was quite big compared to some of the people I met in school. However, Michael's family house is quite larger, and for good reason, too.

"Yeah, it's cool, definitely my style, but I can't wait for you guys to see it once I have all the furniture inside and everything." I say to him.

"Okay, cool, so are you and Vee going to get along tonight? Or are you going to at least apologize?" Benny asked me. I can tell it was on his mind, and I know how much he hates it when we fight.

"This is Vee's night. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it or ruin it. I plan on apologizing to her and fading into the background." I say to him as he nods.

"Good now follow my lead, and a brother will show you how to successfully fade into a background." Benny says as we open up the doors and head inside the dining room hall.

There were all the guests that Elvina and Matthew invited, and my parents were entertaining them and mingling. My parents loved to entertain and gather people around. I think it is a trait that Katherine shares with my mother, which is why they are so close.