forty - three

Ariella

"Is it a girl?" I question.

"Ariella as I said I don't know I'm hardly even along" Katie places her hand over mine.

"I'm so fucking excited!" I squeal.

"This is all I heard yesterday" Trevor groans.

"Trevor shut up!" I shout "can I be excited I'm gonna be an auntie!".

"So I'm gonna be an uncle?" Trevor asks.

"If you want to be" I say "I want a baby" I mutter to Katie.

"Huh?" Trevor looks at me.

"Nothing" I tell him.

"Okay" he goes back to speaking to Josh.

"Are yous going to have kids?" She asks.

"I don't know" I shrug "we've always wanted to have kids at the same time" "he's just busy with hockey and I'm not sure if I could do it alone".

"But you wouldn't do it alone" she says "because it's not like he's not there he will always be there" "and I can tell how much he loves you. So if your both just ready" "go for it".

"We haven't talk about it" I say.

"Maybe speak about it then" Katie smiles "only if you want to".

"Maybe" I play with my hands "i don't  know if he wants to".

"I'm sure he will".

"Hey Ella you ready to go?" Trevor asks.

"Yeah" I stand up.

"Thank you guys" Trevor smiles.

"Thank you for having us" I hug Katie and Josh.

"Your always welcome" Josh smiles.

Me and Trevor leave their apartment his hand finds my waist leading us down to his car.

"You want a baby don't you" he's says as I place my head on his chest.

"No" I shake my head.

"Yeah you do" he kisses my temple.

"Maybe" I shrug.

"I thought you would want to get married first" he opens the car door for me.

"Yeah I know I'm just thinking how cute it would be if a baby was there" Trevor gets into his side "like our first dance with our baby".

"Ariella yeah I know but what about hockey?" He questions.

"Yeah I know and that's why I said I'm not sure. Because sometimes I don't want to be alone when you are on road trips and stuff" I run my fingers through my hair "I've always wanted a baby no matter who's it with I ju-".

"So you don't want to have a baby with me?" He sort of raises his voice.

"I never said that did I" I sigh.

"Yeah but Ariella it sounded like that!" He argues.

"Trevor all I'm saying is it might be hard when your away" I look out the window "maybe we- no"

"What where you saying we?" He asks "we should what?!".

"Tre-".

"No Ariella you know you don't have to do everything Katie does!" He shouts.

"Trevor what the hell I've never tried to be like Katie! I've always tried to be my own person and you know that!" I sigh "you know how hard I've fucking tried to love myself" "you know that" I shout "andI never meant to say we I meant you should focus on hockey before we start a family" I tell him turning to look at him.

He places his hand on my thigh squeezing it slightly "baby I don't wanna fight and you know that I love you I never meant to say that and I know how hard you try baby I know" "I just don't wanna push anything because it's already been three months since we got back together and We've already got a dog and stuff".

"I'm sorry" I sigh.

"Ella don't be sorry I never meant to raise my voice it's just starting a family with you means everything to me" he pulls into the driveway "I want it so fucking bad" he takes his seat belt off.

"And I do too" I take my seatbelt off "I don't want to push anything either".

"Then let's not push it just do what we normally do and be happy together" he pushes my hair behind my ear.

"Okay" I nod.

"Okay?".

"Mhm" I nod placing my lips on his.