The Eye of The World Part One

Rand, Elara, and Moiraine approached a wide opening in the ground, the ancient stairs leading downward, overgrown and weathered by time

Rand, Elara, and Moiraine approached a wide opening in the ground, the ancient stairs leading downward, overgrown and weathered by time. The atmosphere hung heavy with the weight of significance. Rand, a sense of recognition dawning on him, voiced his realization. "This is it, isn't it? I know this place."

Without waiting for a response, Rand began the descent down the stairs. However, a sudden realization caused him to halt and turn back to Moiraine and Elara. "You said that whoever goes with the Dragon to the Eye of the World will die there."

Moiraine and Elara remained silent, their expressions revealing nothing.

"Stay." says Rand

Moiraine offered a small, enigmatic smile and shook her head, proceeding past him and descending into the depths of the Eye. Elara followed suit, offering a reassuring pat on Rand's shoulder as she passed.

Meanwhile, Lan raced through the Blight, determined to catch up with Moiraine, Elara, and Rand. In the distance, he spotted the towers of Malkier and pressed on.

At the bottom of the Eye of the World, Moiraine, Elara, and Rand gazed up at the stone walls covered in Blight-infested vines. The wet stone floor hinted at the mysterious history of the place.

"What was this place?" Rand says while touching the wall

Moiraine, her knowledge limited by the intentional erasure of records, responded with uncertainty. "We have no idea. Every record of its existence was purged from the White Tower's libraries by Darkfriends."

Elara looked around realizing this was a place she knew all too well, it was the place where she conversed with Ishamael frequently.

As Rand stepped toward the center, he noticed a symbol or circle on the stone floor—half black, half white, separated by a sinuous line.

Elara asks Rand, "You said you remember this place. What do you remember?"

Rand, struggling to piece together fragmented memories, expressed his frustration. "The pieces don't... fit together. It's like... a puzzle. Or a dream. Every time I grab onto something, it just slips away." While Rand surveyed the room, he suddenly saw a vision of Lews Therin, a glimpse into his past life. Lews Therin advanced toward the center, facing the figure who had visited Rand in his dreams. "I fought someone here. The Dark One. But it looked like a man. It was here. In the center. There was a symbol. This symbol. The Eye."