Chapter 26: Playing Dirty

Seeing that Lin Dama (Mrs. Lin) didn't respond no matter how they shouted at her, the neighbors finally realized that they had fallen for Lin Dama's trickery.

In no time, the chat group was filled with "warm greetings" for Lin Dama.

However, from the moment Lin Dama decided to deceive her neighbors, she had already thrown away any concern for her reputation. She didn't care how her neighbors cursed her.

Yet, someone had their eyes on the goods she deceitfully collected, like the socialite Chen Zhenghao.

Even though five days had passed since the apocalypse, people still didn't know the actual situation outside. It hadn't escalated to the point where they were fighting desperately for resources.

In Zhang Ye's memories, Chen Zhenghao later led a group of henchmen, robbing and even resorting to murder to seize others' belongings. However, at this moment, he hadn't resorted to violent means to take his neighbors' supplies.

As they were running out of supplies, Chen Zhenghao saw an opportunity in Lin Dama's actions. Although he scoffed at Lin Dama's words, it became evident that she had acquired some of her neighbors' resources through deceit.

Now, he had a legitimate reason to take them back.

Even when the ice and snow thawed, causing chaos, Lin Dama couldn't do much against him due to her guilt.

Chen Zhenghao picked up his phone and called Lin Dama.

At that moment, Lin Dama was at home, happily eating cookies with her grandson.

"Grandma, phone call!" Little Tiger pointed at the phone.

Lin Dama sneered, full of disdain. She thought it must be the neighbors she had tricked calling to complain. For those fools, she felt no guilt at all; they were just naive.

However, when she picked up the phone and saw the caller's name, her expression turned fearful.

"Chen Zhenghao? Why is he looking for me?"

Chen Zhenghao was a well-known figure, not someone her position as a community worker could provoke. Despite her shameless methods, she had never dealt with someone like him.

She answered the call.

Chen Zhenghao's voice came through, "Hey, Lin Dama! You're quite something, managing to get everyone's supplies into your hands."

Lin Dama became sensitive when she heard the word "supplies." She coughed and said, "Cough, as a community worker, it's my duty to manage supplies for everyone."

Chen Zhenghao sneered, "Hehe, that's perfect. My family is running low on supplies now. Hurry up and bring some to me!"

Lin Dama's face stiffened. She hadn't expected this ruffian to come directly to her door to extort her supplies.

She seemed to forget that she had also used shameless means to deceive her neighbors. Although she didn't dare provoke Chen Zhenghao, she was unwilling to hand over the supplies she had acquired.

Biting her lip, she said, "I still need to coordinate these supplies. Some households haven't contributed yet, so I can't distribute them now."

Chen Zhenghao was getting impatient. "Old woman, don't play games with me! You've taken everything for yourself, right?"

"I'm warning you, don't mess around! I'm a community worker!"

Chen Zhenghao laughed even harder. "Hah, what a joke! You think you're representing some great organization? If you don't give them to me, I'll come and take them myself!"

Lin Dama turned pale with fright, trembling, not knowing what to say.

She was used to being aggressive with ordinary homeowners, but facing someone like Chen Zhenghao was an entirely different situation.

With a malicious grin, Chen Zhenghao hung up the phone.

In these few days of extreme cold, he had gathered his henchmen at his home to keep warm and take care of those who fell sick after Zhang Ye splashed cold water on them. As a socialite, Chen Zhenghao had a bit of foresight; he could sense that the situation was not going in the right direction, so he gathered his forces.

However, maintaining such a group required food.

After hanging up, Chen Zhenghao called his henchmen, and a group of them marched towards Lin Dama's house.

Chen Zhenghao used a mop as a makeshift crutch, holding a baseball bat in the other hand, exuding a fierce aura as he approached Lin Dama's door.

This scene unfolded before Zhang Ye's eyes through the surveillance cameras.

Sitting on the sofa, legs up on the coffee table, munching on potato chips, Zhang Ye chuckled, "Oh, it looks like a dog-eat-dog drama is about to unfold!"

He was surprisingly pleased. It had only been five days since the apocalypse began, and he hadn't expected such an entertaining show, especially since both sides were people he disliked.

Zhang Ye thought, "If I share what's happening here in the group chat, I wonder how it will turn out?"

With a mischievous smile, he pressed the record button.

After Chen Zhenghao and his gang arrived at Lin Dama's house, they began loudly berating her, demanding her to open the door.

Yuelu Community was a middle-class neighborhood, and every household had installed anti-theft doors. However, these doors were only effective against petty thieves and not against forcefully barging through.

Lin Dama's home was not like Zhang Ye's; she couldn't hold back a group of envious thugs.

They used baseball bats, steel rods, and crowbars to pound on the door. Soon, they broke the lock, even though Lin Dama had used a table and sofa to barricade it.

Through the surveillance cameras, Zhang Ye witnessed Lin Dama's face turn pale with fear as the intruders relentlessly forced their way in.