Chapter 186: Developing Supernatural Abilities

The subsequent developments unfolded exactly as Zhang Yi had anticipated.
As expected, Lu Fengda had indeed set up a program to automatically send messages. Twenty-two hours after his death, the program he had configured sent a text message to everyone in Tianhai City.The content of the message revealed Zhang Yi's identity, his current address, and the information that he might possess a substantial amount of stolen goods from the Walmart warehouse.Zhang Yi had been eagerly awaiting this message. When he finally saw it, there was an unexpected sense of relief.Because, according to Lu Fengda, it was only "a significant amount of stolen goods from the Walmart warehouse" and not the entire inventory. Moreover, the term "significant amount" lacked a quantifiable standard. After all, Lu Fengda himself didn't know the exact quantity in Zhang Yi's possession.Moreover, Lu Fengda had already masked this message with a vast amount of information. It wasn't easy for ordinary people or forces to analyze which part of the massive misinformation was true."If someone manages to find out, they must be an extraordinary organization, or they have computer experts," Zhang Yi muttered to himself.However, all of this was within his calculations, and there was nothing surprising.Zhang Yi placed his phone aside and looked towards a target 400 meters away. What did a 400-meter target mean?At this distance, the target appeared smaller than a mosquito's head. Yet, several arrows were already embedded in it.Zhang Yi raised a high-tech compound bow with his left hand and pulled out an arrow from the quiver at his waist with his right hand.With the help of the pulley system, pulling the compound bow was effortless. His gaze became exceptionally focused, and a peculiar force surged in his right eye. It adhered to the arrow with his intent."Swish!"The arrow flew out fiercely, seemingly enveloped by an invisible force that increased its speed."Thud!"The arrow firmly pierced the target, causing its tail to shake violently.Bullseye!After more than half a month of relentless training, Zhang Yi had developed some unique abilities using his supernatural powers. This was an extension of his "precision shooting" ability.It was a power that could influence space. Whenever he deliberately attached his supernatural ability to an object, it would enhance its power. For flying projectiles, it increased accuracy, and it seemed he could influence an object's movement in space through willpower.For instance, a high-precision compound bow originally had an effective range of 200 meters. After the influence of his supernatural power, the range increased to 400 meters.This level of precision was comparable to ordinary sniper rifles, and when Zhang Yi used a sniper rifle, the power would naturally double.Although bows and arrows were just props for practice, in a real fight, using a gun to kill would be more convenient. However, during continuous practice, the ability of precision shooting brought him a pleasant surprise.As the ability could enhance the accuracy and power of flying projectiles, he had an idea. What if he applied this ability to melee weapons or even his own body?Once this idea emerged, it became uncontrollable. Zhang Yi began experimenting bit by bit on himself.The results of the experiments greatly surprised him. Firstly, his accuracy undoubtedly improved. For example, when he used a hunting knife to chop, he could accurately hit a vertically placed steel coin.Moreover, when enveloped in his supernatural ability, the air resistance he experienced while moving would be significantly reduced. His personal speed could reach twice the usual speed!A famous naval admiral once said, "Speed is power." Although his physical strength hadn't increased, doubling the speed also meant doubling the destructive power. Moreover, with faster speed, his evasion ability would be stronger, making escaping much easier."While my supernatural ability may seem relatively simple in function, it has unlimited development potential," Zhang Yi increasingly liked the abilities he possessed. He even felt that he had only uncovered the tip of the iceberg, with many more abilities yet to be fully developed.If he could completely master his supernatural ability, how powerful would he become? He dared not imagine."Gurgle..."While Zhang Yi was in a good mood, his stomach suddenly made a noise. He rubbed his stomach, feeling an uncontrollable hunger.Zhang Yi took out two chocolate bars from his dimensional space and stuffed them into his mouth. Although the newly developed ability was pleasantly surprising, it also consumed a significant amount of energy.Power came from cells, and since he couldn't undergo photosynthesis, he could only obtain strength through food. Therefore, using this ability required eating more to replenish the energy."While judging from my situation, even supernatural beings need to consume food to replenish their strength," he said while munching on the high-calorie chocolate bars."In other words, no matter how powerful we are, the prerequisite for using supernatural abilities is still being well-fed."He suddenly laughed, "I never thought that, in the end, the decisive factor for the strength of supernatural beings would be the abundance or scarcity of food!"He glanced at the massive sports field and squinted his eyes contentedly."In that case, am I invincible?"At least in a war of attrition, this seemed to be the case....In recent times, every surviving individual in Tianhai City received numerous messages regarding the theft at the original Walmart South China warehouse.These pieces of information were bombarding them relentlessly, with hundreds of messages received in just two days. Most people felt puzzled, not knowing where these messages came from and what significance they held.However, some attentive individuals sensed the subtleties of the situation. After all, the platforms that once produced spam messages were now all extinct. Moreover, those capable of widely spreading messages were scarce.During such times, the words "Walmart warehouse" held tremendous allure. After all, when the incident first occurred, it caused a great stir in Tianhai City. It was reported that the value of the lost goods amounted to tens of billions."If we can find that batch of goods, we can live comfortably in this post-apocalyptic world!"Many people shared this sentiment.