Chapter 8

"Mere Papa.....Mere Papa...."

Gauravi was elated to see her Papa's picture. She was repeatedly kissing his photo and keeping it near her heart fearing she will loose it just like she lost him.

"I want my Papa, Simba Uncle....Princess miss her Papa"

Saying this she placed her head on Niranjan's chest. Her eyes, brimming with tears and wobbling lips were telling a tale of its own.

Long gone was the happy go lucky child and in it's place stood a lost soul missing her parents to the core especially her PAPA.

Coming down from the adrenaline rush, the reality finally crashed on her that she is far away from her Mamma....Papa....

Niranjan was too flabbergasted to react but when Gauravi placed her head on his chest, her tears burned his soul.

He didn't know whether he should be ecstatic on seeing his Chotu's princess or weep at the injustice done to her.

Niranjan was overwhelmed by the batter of different emotions. With shivering hands, he traced THEIR PRINCESS 'S features.

Her nose......just like Dhru....Maybe she is also like him. Anger at the tip of the nose....

Her lips which curve into the most beautiful smile is just like her mother, Nandhini....spreading happiness wherever she goes....

Her eyes....her mirror....my Chotu's,  which reflect all her emotions magnificently.....

From the moment she lunged into him, he had felt an instant connection but never envisioned it to be such a beautiful one.

Stifling the sobs within, he grabbed her little palm and brought it to his lips but couldn't prevent the tears from falling down.

"Are you missing my papa too?"

That innocent question was his downfall. Holding onto Gauravi,  he broke down into tears.

Dhriti was watching all these from the sidelines, with welled up eyes. She could understand Niranjan's condition.  He is holding onto that child of his brother whom he had brought up as his own.

The moment Niranjan broke down, Dhriti rushed to his side. She was also feeling too emotional but she put that aside as her Ranjan needs her more.

Dhriti wrapped her arms around Niranjan who had Gauravi in his and let him vent out both his pain and happiness.....

Dumbstruck would be an understatement for what Dhru was feeling. He was glued to the spot, the revelation leaving him numb.

He stood staring at THEIR PRINCESS without blinking, afraid that it is a dream.

He could still see all her dramatic actions at the back of his mind just like her Papa 's.

How did he even miss it?

As waves of happiness crashed over him so did the tsunami of guilt. Do they even deserve this pure soul after their atrocities?

Dhru fisted his palm to the rising pain in his heart. He would have fallen down if not for the two arms.

With not a care for the world once, he broke down into loud sobs in her embrace but never once did his eyes waver from Gauravi's face.

Sadhavi too broke down in tears as she held Dhru. After 5 long years, their prayers are getting answered. They will finally get a chance to repent their sins.

For her, Gauravi had come as their hope for redemption. She believed that after the Grihapravesh of their Lakshmi, nothing bad will ever happen.

In all this only one soul was bursting with joy, Omkar. He was on cloud nine. The smile not at all leaving his face as he admired THEIR PRINCESS.