Chapter 13

The dark barren night and the strong winds, a premonition to the upcoming storm whether in life or in nature, time will tell as Ansh stood amidst the cold blowing wind, too restless and edgy after the revelation of certain truths.

He felt like they are part of dominoes which keeps on falling.

"Ansh"

He turned to find Nandhini looking at him with concern.

"I am okay,Nandu" he said with a smile which didn't quite reach his eye.

Nandhini raised her eyebrows mockingly and shook her head at his pathetic attempt to lie.

This time a genuine smile spread on his lips at her antics. He was really grateful for these small small happiness that makes the life bearable otherwise he may have long succumbed to the darkness.

His Nandu and his princess are the lights which keep those shadows at bay.

Ansh extended his arms and like a well versed song, Nandhini melted into his arms. If Ansh is her knight then Nandhini is his home.

They stood there among the thrashing winds but contrary to outside, the storm was slowly subsiding in him.

"Papa"

It was instant. All problems, issues...everything was pushed to the back by this one call.

"Princess, What are you doing here? It is really cold... You just recovered from fever, na....and Prince, she is small but what about you? Don't you know...."

"Take a deep breathe, bhai" Omkar interrupted with wide eyes. He was both surprised and proud to see his bhai's fatherly mode.

"I was coming alone to call you for dinner but it's your darling princess who insisted on joining and before you start lecturing, let me tell you...no one ...I mean ...no one is immune to that puppy dog eyes of hers"

"You are absolutely right,Prince. Ansh, You know your daughter better than anyone. Once she decides on something then no one can dissuade her. On that she has totally gone on Bhaiya" Nandhini seconded Omkar.

Hearing her Mamma, Gauravi fell into a dilemma and as usual she turned to her super hero with the puzzle.

"Papa..."

"Yes, Princess?" Ansh queried

"Is Mamma complimenting me or complaining?"

The innocent question was enough to bring a smile on everyone's face. Like a swing of a wand, it dispelled off the remaining anxiousness in him .

"Do anyone have the guts to say anything against my Princess?"

"Naaaa"

Both father-daughter screamed out simultaneously while breaking out into laughter.

Nandhini felt a relief on seeing that smile . She hoped that one day it will be a permanent fixture on his face.

But as soon as the relief came, it was accompanied by a tinge of sadness when she glanced over at Omkar.

He was also staring at Ansh and Gauravi but along with the happiness there was a feeling of longingness in his eyes.

Before she could go and comfort him, she saw Ansh extend his hand towards him.

That was all Omkar needed to rush to his bhai. The eyes now shining with only love and joy.

Nandhini looked at the trio but her eyes primarily foxused on a particular one.

How could she even think that their Prince will ever be bereft of anything in his Bhai's presence.

*****