Chapter 54

[Marco POV]

Th first great one he hunted was one effectively paralyzed. He reckoned that it would be the easiest one to start with. It was also pretty renowned. The Brain of Mensis is considered to be a "true" Great One and not a Kin.

It was apparently found within the Nightmare Realm itself. When the Nightmare was discovered, the School of Mensis happened upon this being. It was lined with massive and various eyes on the outside and on the inside.

However, as they were about to perform experiments on the Brain, they discovered that the eyes were evil in nature and the brain had gone rotten. When he finally saw it with his own eyes, it was disgusting.

The entirety of its body wasn't just one massive rotten brain. The being also has two arms with six fingers on each hand. There were eyes popping out of almost everywhere. It kept staring at him intently.

Whatever it was once was, it had somehow gained the "eyes on the inside" that all seek, the eyes were of a clearly evil nature and had left the brain rotted, and neglected to pursue whatever methods were used to ascend its mind.

Those eyes emitted a maddening aura that damages and induces frenzy on whatever is caught in the light, requiring him to sneak past the light to reach the door.

Eventually he discovered the lever that keeps it suspended and drop it down into the depths of the Nightmare, where it cannot do harm.

When approached after it's been dropped from the tower, the Brain of Mensis will stare intently at him, helpless but poignant. Staring at the rotten brain with those eyes, he held no mercy for beings as disgusting as this. He spat at it before burning it with fire.

Next was perhaps the most famous of the Great Ones. Known by some as the left behind Great One, she was first met by the Choir after they used the Great Isz chalice to have an audience with her.

She became the source of most of the Choir's cosmic knowledge, and caused an inquiry into the cosmos from Isz, which was transcended partially throughout reality. Together they look towards the sky, attempting to discover the secrets of the cosmos, and possibly allow Ebrietas to return to it.

It is also the most likely source of the Old Blood that circulate in Yharnam and various experiments have been carried out with its use including attempts to create an artificial Great Ones.

It is said that every Great One loses their child and then yearns for a surrogate. The reason for this, whether physiological or mystically magical, is unknown. Oedon is no different and he ends up losing one of his children named Mergo.

Mergo was an infant Great One, the child of the Pthumerian Queen Yharnam and the Great One Oedon. Like Oedon, Mergo is also formless. The child's cries can be heard all throughout the Nightmare, but the crib cradling Mergo seems to be empty.

Mergo seems to take some traits of his father Oedon. He could not slay the being. He could merely banish it to wherever it came from. All he managed to slay was Mergo's wet nurse.

There were more like Kos or the Orphan of Kos yet he managed to slay them all. It bored him. Mere physical forms of the Great Ones were not enough for him. Sure, it was hard and he felt as if he could die at any moment but all he managed to do was gather blood.

He still had no ownership over the blood that he needed to revive his family. After doing everything he could, he only found nothing to change. All he had was some old blood that was absolutely useless in his eyes. He had only one person to turn to at this time.

"Good hunter, you have done well. Now, I will show you mercy. You will die, forget the dream, and awake under the morning sun. You will be freed from this terrible hunter's dream."

Now, he had two options. To accept his death and move on or the live. His choice should have been pretty obvious. He took out his weapon to show his attitude on his offer. Gehrman started laughing at this.

"Dear oh dear, what was it? The hunt, the blood or the horrible dream?" He started rising from his wheelchair that was located in a field of white flowers. it was also full moon at of this moment. The tombs around them served as a witness to his might.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. It always comes down to the hunter's helper to clean up these sorts of messes."

He was now standing taking out his weapon from his back. He had never seen Gehrman use his weapons so he will have to be careful. Gehrman wasn't a 'brainless' fool throwing power around like water. He took out his blade and stick it on a wooden frame. It was clear by now that his weapon was a scythe.

"Tonight, Gehrman joins the hunt ..."

It was a hard-fought battle but, in the end, his prey was slaughtered. After this, he felt a presence behind him. He expected to see the moon presence a flying abomination with an unrecognizable face in all its glory.

He already knew that he would eventually become like a Gehrman, a hunter trapped in a nightmare normally. To counter against it, he had already found the 3 umbilical cords and ate them.

Then he would have a final against the moon presence itself and be elevated to a greater being with its blood. He would finally the begin his quest to find Odeon, kill him and become the new owner of the blood.

But now, it appears he will have to throw away all his plans. Because behind him was not a god in its glory but a rotting corpse with limbs separate from its body.

It's filthy head with tentacles severed. The moon presence, the creator of the nightmare has been killed long before by something.

The Moon Presence can be said to one of the top tier true great ones. Powerful to the point where it wouldn't be strange for him to be seen as the creator god.

Before he was even born, God has been murdered.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 54.

Tell me what you think about this oversimplified version of bloodborne.

Sorry about the absence of the keeper for today but I still have to connect the two worlds.