Chapter 116

Bells rang loudly from all directions as if they were all ringing out of excitement. Multiple groans came out of the thing. Even compared to the monsters of Lordran it was the most horrible things her eyes ever had to chance to lay upon.

It was an amalgamate of grotesque misshapen and decayed body parts assembled to form one massive creature that did not belong to the living or the dead.

It has a singular giant humanoid torso attached to the entire mass which controls its entire being, though other parts of its body seem just as independently alive as the humanoid on top of the horrific creature.

Whispers from the things holding the bells continued to whisper in her ears. A rough and deep voice also rang in her ears occasionally as if there was some sort of unimaginable, raw and primal horror contained with that deformed unholy body.

It also advanced towards her. With its hands, made of multiple legs that were flaying about, it strikes down towards her. She merely stepped back and summoned lightning using the spear of Ornstein.

It was her first time to ever use lightining but they appeared to be working very well. She smiled at this. There was no need to think much when it comes to using lightning. She raised her spear once more as thunder poured from the sky.

These castles that now surrounds her has been pissing her off. To dare thinking of using the culture of Lordran to use on unholy experiments such as this.

Even Seath, who had a fascination with maidens to experiment or Aldrich who devoured every single citizen of Anor London and even the very gods themselves did not go as far as to make mutations as horrible as this. And further more, they were individuals.

Not that she would ever forgive them even if they asked for one. She hated them all the same but they were all beings of Lordran. She may be biased but the similar architecture that exists all around her remind her far too much of home.

Here, multiple sins were being committed in entire groups. Using the name of the healing to commit such atrocities, she as a fire keeper cannot let this sin go further unpunished.

Similar to the term used on Earth, she would bomb this place back to the Stone Ages. Mere lightning is not enough for such blasphemy. Such heresy must bath in lighting and be cleansed in fire.

She must have been distraught from the voices whispered in her ears because she started to talk to herself as she prepared fire and lighting to purify this unholy place.

"Begone, foul heretic away from mine sight."

She raised her spear on her right hand and raise flames from her left. Lightning bombarded everything around her. This include both the unholy beast and the castle that surrounds it.

Flames spread from beneath her feet burning the flower fields around her to mush. Somehow the flowers started squirming in an attempt to shake off the flames. Of course, they were of no use but the fact stands that they were no normal flowers.

This realm of nightmare shall cease to exist. It shall end in the flames of life and lightning of dragonslayer. Stones from the building break off into different pieces as lightning kept pounding them with force.

Smoke rise as everything burn. Bricks were turned into black cinders due to pure heat. Ceramic tiles started melting. Every drop of blood present started evaporating as they begun to boil.

They were only attempts made by mere humans to elevate themselves into something far greater. They were trying to ascend into a realm they were never meant to set foot.

She absorbed all the memories they released without caution as she threw it to the wind. Information takes priority over safety as of this moment. She kept burning the entire things to cinder yet she could still not get out from the nightmare.

But getting out was less important than gathering information as of this moment. Currently she was digesting her information when she came to a conclusion. This is a realm connected to the legendary city of Yharnam.

She had been trying to go to Yharnam but this is the first time she has ever been present. Information about the 'Great Ones' entered her mind. Of course that was still largely corrupted. She had to spent some time to burn away the corruption.

The Great Ones were a group of extremely powerful, multi-dimensional beings that can exist across several planes of existence. She suspected the Great Ones to be 'them' that Alduin mentioned to her but she knew her suspicion to be false.

They may have a great name but they are still in the same tier of beings albeit the dragons being much more 'perceivable' by normal humans.

She learnt about the Healing Church through the memories of the creatures she burned. She thought the healing church to be a benevolent organization at least on the outside by healing through graces and miracles.

No, they were crazed by the old blood of the Great Ones obsessed with them in a desperate attempt for immortality and ascension from a human. But, that wasn't even their final goal.

She learnt about the Healing Church through the memories of the creatures she burned. She thought the healing church to be a benevolent organization at least on the outside by healing through graces and miracles.

The Healing Church has pursued a strange goal for a long, long time; a goal that has been hidden from all but the highest of rank among them which is to summon or harness the power of the Great Ones.

Such arrogance astounds her. Even the most arrogant beings of Lordran merely wanted to become dragons. They did not even have the slightest thought of enslaving ones.

The only beings to may have even thought about those matter were the Gods and they were no mere human. They were powerful beings with power far above the likes of humans.

Another things she learn about the Brygenwerth, the learning institution. This one interest her a lot more than the Healing Church. After all, they were trying to ascend to become one of the Great Ones.

'The One Reborn' must have been the work of either party. She was keen to find out which and why they would do it. Oh, there are too many information to cover. Her long lost sense of curiosity burns once again when she saw blood.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 116.

I will try to explain the blood borne things from the viewpoint of the keeper. Hope you enjoy this.

Tell me what you think of my writings so far.